Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving verification code that I didn't ask for

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm an academic employee and I have a school account to Adobe. The only Adobe product that I use on a daily basis is the Acrobat pdf reader. Since some weeks ago, I'm constantly receiving emails from "account-noreply@adobe.com", and the emails contain the following:

Your verification code is:
xxxxxx 
If you did not request this, please contact us immediately.
Thanks,
Adobe

I receive these emails every day, 2 or 3 times a day. I don't know why I'm receiving them and how to stop them. Anybody knows what is it about? I contacted my IT department and they don't know why this is happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Hi Nikoss8,

I apologize here for the inconvenience caused to you and you were unable to contact Adobe Support Team as per the steps shared earlier. I have sent you a private message with the Direct Phone Number that you may refer to and call them directly so that they can assist further.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikoss8,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

As per the regular process, the verification email with a security code is sent only when there is an attempt to Sign in using the same email address. Since you have mentioned that you did not request a security code and the message states to contact Adobe Support immediately, I would request you to Click on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html  to contact Adobe staff to help. Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Deepjyoti_Acharjee,

Thanks for your answer. The thing is that when I follow your link, I get a message that I should contact my IT support or my administrator (because they provide me the Adobe software). I don't find any way to contact somebody at Adobe directly. But my IT department suggested me to contact Adobe because they don't know how to solve the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikoss8,

I apologize here for the inconvenience caused to you and you were unable to contact Adobe Support Team as per the steps shared earlier. I have sent you a private message with the Direct Phone Number that you may refer to and call them directly so that they can assist further.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For teams and enterprise users the first level support is always the local it. that makes sense as the local it has some advanced posibilities to contact Adobe support.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the access app is almost neurotic - it keeps pumping out codes that I don't need. What's the deal?

Hope that is kind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I faced the same issue, I got a verification code sent to me but I didn't request for one. When I click the link it gives me the same message, how can this problem be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT click on the links. That sounds like a phishing link. An authentic Adobe code, should just be a number which you type into your PC. 

I have been hit with a stream of codes today. Most came from a phishing number, as I doscovered when I checked it on Who Called Me. One came from Adobe, so I guess the hacker tried logging in, which generated a genuine 2 factor code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe support or get your it contacting Adobe support. Do so without clicking links in the message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, could I also have the Direct Phone number?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens every time I reboot my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on an individual licence: Contact Adobe customer support! Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703)

elso contact your local support. Those people should be able to contact customer support and get instructions on how to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. I have been receiving verification code for 3 months, 5-6 times a week. It's so annoying and I don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I would just cancel it. I didn't know how to stop it, too, and I deleted my
account. That stopped the hacking and trolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines