Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote Update Manager bug or feature?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not sure if it's by design or a bug in Remote Update Manager (RUM ). Installing Adobe apps on to a clean computer then running RUM . I've noticed after checking three times RUM will up date CCXP, AME, PPRO, DRMV, and Reader but won't update the other apps like PS until a user signs into Premiere and Photoshop. RUM logs "No new applicable Updates. Seems like all products are up-to-date."

Now run RUM again after a user has logged into the apps, it finds 13 Adobe updates. 

Other info:-

• Adobe Shared Device Activation
  • RUM: 2.4.0.2
  • On site AUSST server: 5.1.0.9
  • Windows 10 1909 x64 Ent

Has anyone else experienced this issue? How do you update all Adobe apps with RUM without the need to manually logging into Adode apps first? I'm trying to update everything after a computer has been re-installed with SCCM.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

please could you confirm you see the same bahviour with the latest version of the Remote Update Manager, 2.4.0.3, and what specific Windows build version you're seeing this with? What version of Photoshop is in the package you are deploying?

thanks

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dominic,

I'll test RUM  2.4.0.3 asap and let you know the result.

"what specific Windows build version you're seeing this with?"  Windows Enterprise 64-bit v1909 OS build: 18363.778

"What version of Photoshop is in the package you are deploying" 21.0.2.57 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this behaviour on a system with Photoshop 21.0.147 installed via an SDL package (but not yet started), so I suggest recreating the package with the latest version and deploying it. 

You mentioned you observed this three times - was that on three separate systems?

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thank you for taking a look.

Yes, all seprate systems. Just thought the account doesn't have internet access.

Oh well, I'll update the Adobe package but won't know if the problem still exists until the next batch of updates are released to AUSST server for RUM to download. If it still does it I'll post again and refer to this post or post back here it it works.

Cheers

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominic,

Silly question how do I get RUM 2.4.0.3? I've gone to the Adobe Admin Packaging and Management tools page but the download version is 2.4.0.2 still.

Thanks again

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

apologies, I was looking at the version of the lastest Mac OS release of the tool, and it appears we've not updated it for Windows this time around, so you do have the latest version. I'll do some checking with an old Photoshop package and let you know what I find out.

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines