• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote update manager failing to download updates

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we've recently updated our adobe update infrastructure to the latest versions supplied by the CCP and I'm getting failures on the Mac side (haven't tested the windows yet). There appears to be some sort of issue with the libraries or binaries used in the download process, because it aborts after downloading the first set of files, stating that another download is in progress.

I was having an additional issue earlier with error code 125, which, thanks to wireshark (and not the Adobe setup guide) I determined that I needed to add a wildcard MIME type for the validation files in ACC/services/fcc/validation. After I did that I was able to 'download' files, but installations were still failing.

And just to clarify, I did a complete refresh of the files on the server (which only took 5 hours this time!) in an effort to rule out corrupt files.

Here are the log files for the RUM runs:

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

[long crash log removed... please only send a crash log to a technician, when asked]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Just FYI RUM has now been updated to v. 1.9.6.17

I was also seeing the same issues until I updated to the latest version.

You can download the latest version in your Enterprise Console > Deployment > Creative Cloud

I noticed as well that CC Packager does not build in this latest version (Yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very similar messages in my log file on the client after trying to update several apps.  Some work and some do not.  Windows 7 x64 running the latest CC app and built with the latest CC Packager as of yesterday. In my case I am running the "--install" but it fails to download some apps such as After Effects, Photoshop.  Premiere works, Light Room works, Media Encoder works....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI RUM has now been updated to v. 1.9.6.17

I was also seeing the same issues until I updated to the latest version.

You can download the latest version in your Enterprise Console > Deployment > Creative Cloud

I noticed as well that CC Packager does not build in this latest version (Yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I guess we are not Enterprise customers, but instead are "Creative Cloud for Teams".  I finally found the URL for this as Adobe Enterprise Dashboard , but when I logon I do not see Deployment.  I looked at the help and can see that option in the help, but the dashboard page just says "Thank you for joining the Value Incentive Plan program".

Our Adobe person left for greener pastures so I am working with extremely limited info...he actually had us installing the CC software MANUALLY as "the only way" to do so.  I will have to see what information I can find for formally contacting Adobe before I stop the most recent PO for buying something that broken before we even try to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in the same boat, but I just downloaded the base Creative Cloud package, installed that on a computer and took the RemoteUpdateManager file located in /usr/local/bin and copied that (replacing the version that didn't work) to all my computers that were not updating properly.  Now they get everything except for AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.7.  Not sure why that one application won't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I encountered this too, and I tracked down and deleted everything in the lightroom folder and did an incremental refresh and that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh, I guess you aren't supposed to post technical log information in a forum filled with technical people

I'll give the updated RUM a try and see if it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not quite done installing updates, but it pulled down multiple installers and has made it through 3 of them already, so I think the updated RUM has addressed this issue for me.

I'm going to package RUM up as a separate installation and install it after the application installers to ensure that the machines use the latest RUM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for weeks now. I called into Adobe Support in early July opened a case and gave logs.  My support rep will not respond to my Emails.  Anyway I got the new version of RUM but I am still having issues downloading certain updates.

UWSP what was the exact wildcard MIME type you created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UWSP I just saw your post in the other thread.  You the man!  It's downloading and installing now!  Time to deploy the new RUM to clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines