• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RemoveVolumeSerial.exe not able to deactivate a License.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Creative Cloud Packager for education to deploy Adobe apps. I used the Create License Package to get the serialization executable as well as the RemoveVolumeSerial.exe.

I install one of the Adobe apps on a PC. Once I have it installed I can see the device is with activated license through my web management interface. I then copy the license folder, which I previously created through Creative Cloud Packager --> Create License Package. I then run the RemoveVolumeSerial.exe as an admin and wait about 5 min.

The device is still with an active license. I checked the log file AdobeSerialization.log in C:\Users\Current user\AppDaqta\Local\Temp and here is the output:

09/13/17 14:22:52:261 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 |

09/13/17 14:22:52:261 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 | ##################################################

09/13/17 14:22:52:261 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 | Launching the RemoveVolumeSerial in elevated mode ...

09/13/17 14:22:53:436 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 | The return Code from Provisioning Tool (29).(This can be safely ignored as no matching licenses found)

09/13/17 14:22:53:436 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 | ##################################################

09/13/17 14:22:53:436 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 | RemoveVolumeSerial exit code (0).

09/13/17 14:22:53:436 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 | ##################################################

09/13/17 14:22:53:436 | [INFO] |  | CreativeCloudPackager | Utilities | RemoveVolumeSerial |  |  | 3808 |

Here is another Log: C:\Users\Current user\AppDaqta\Local\Temp\PDApp.log

09/13/17 14:22:52:957 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | Build Version - 10.0.0.130

09/13/17 14:22:52:962 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

09/13/17 14:22:52:964 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | Schema version and schema compatibility version are same or greater than current

09/13/17 14:22:53:014 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | Failed in key1 generation

09/13/17 14:22:53:028 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | Failed in key1 generation

09/13/17 14:22:53:028 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | CryptEngine |  |  | 7556 | Failed in key1 generation

09/13/17 14:22:53:070 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | Failed in key3List generation

09/13/17 14:22:53:070 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | OPM | CryptEngine |  |  | 7556 | Failed in key3List generation

09/13/17 14:22:53:071 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | _opm_handle_OPDReturnedStatus called with opdStatus as:0

09/13/17 14:22:53:071 | [INFO] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 7556 | No Record found for the input fields in opm_getValueForKey

Can someone help me troubleshoot the issue, pleas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Your license is probably not just for Audition but for all of CC so try the below.

adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V6{}CreativeCloudTeam-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You should remove the license via the console.

Manage your Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

Deactivate a device license

Deactivating a license prevents access to a product deployment pool on a specific device.

All are listed under Device Licenses in the left navigation bar. Choose the specific deployment pool to begin the deactivation process.

To deactivate a license, click Deactivate next to the specific device. A pop-up menu appears to confirm deactivation.

After deactivating a license from a device, it appears as an available license in the product deployment pool and can be activated on another device. When the next unlicensed device launches an app from that deployment pool, the available license is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I know how to use the console and I have been using it to deactivate devices, however I also need the RemoveVolumeSerial.exe to work.

I need it is because we have 3 VIP licenses, each one of them corresponding to a different region - Northern, Central and Southern.

When I package an app using the Creative Cloud Packager I use one of the regions for example Northern. I then take that package and repackage it with a third party software QSetup. In the repackaging process with QSetup I have a dialog box in which the user can select the region they are in. According to that selection, if say they chose the Southern region, I use the RemoveVolumeSerial.exe to remove the device/license from the Northern region- VIP (this is necessary because the package was originally licensed through CCP for Northern region ), and then I use the AdobeSerialization.exe for Southern region - VIP to re-license it. This makes the whole process automated and I don't have to use the console to deactivate a device after an installation.

At the moment because the RemoveVolumeSerial.exe isn't working, the devices get registered in two regions the Northern and depending on their selection either Central or Southern. Then I have to go and manually deactivate the device from one of the regions.

I can create a separate package for each one of the regions and that is fine and dandy if I am to do it once and forget about it. However we need to make changes and update the packages so it isn't very efficient. Instead of creating 15 packages for one of the regions and have them re-licensed, I now have to package 45 different apps because I am not able to use RemoveVolumeSerial.exe.

The RemoveVolumeSerial.exe use to work up until several months ago, what happened to it. Is there another way I can re-license?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody from the Adobe team going to answer my second comment/question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the APTEE tool? Using Adobe provisioning toolkit enterprise edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the APTEE tool to no avail.

c:\>adobe_prtk

Copyright 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated

All rights reserved.

usage:

adobe_prtk --tool=StartTrial --leid=LEID

This is to start the trial for a given LEID.

adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --leid=LEID --serial=serialNum [--adobeid=AdobeID] [--personGUID=personGUID]

This is to perform the online serial validation and to update the internal databases with the serial and

Adobe ID information.

adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --leid=LEID --serial=serialNum  [--regsuppress=ss]

This is to perform the online serial validation and suppress the Adobe ID registration

adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=LEID [--force] [ --locale=locale ] [--deactivate] [--removeSWTag]

This is to remove all existing non-trial serializations applied to the product with the given LEID.

Specifying the --deactivate argument deactivates the corresponding license from the machine.

Specifying the --locale argument removes serialization for that specific locale.

Specifying the --removeSWTag argument removes SW tag files.

Specifying the --force option to forcefully deactivate the corresponding license from the machine.

adobe_prtk --tool=Type1Exception --generate | --accept --serial=serialNum [--responsecode=responseCode] --leid=DriverLEID

This is to generate a Type1 Exception request code or to accept a Type1 response code. If --accept is

specified, then the responsecode and leid are required.

adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --provfile=AbsProvFilePath [--stream]

This is to serialize using a prov.xml file.

Specifying the --stream will locally save the offline license for imaging

adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --generate --serial=<serialnum> [--leid=<LEID of product>] [--regsuppress=ss] [--eulasuppress]  [--locales=<comma delimited list of locales in xx_XX format or ALL>] [--provfilepath=<Path to folder where prov.xml will be created>]

This is to generate a prov.xml file.

adobe_prtk --tool=RegisterTrial --driveradobecode=driverAdobeCode [--adobeid=adobeID] [--personguid=personGUID]

This is to register the trial so that the sign-in screen is suppressed at launch.

adobe_prtk --tool=EULA --leid=DriverLEID [--eulasuppress]

This is to suppress EULA silently at launch of Adobe Application.

adobe_prtk --tool=Register --leid=DriverLEID --regsuppress=ss

This is to suppress adobe id registration silently at launch of Adobe Application.

adobe_prtk --tool=UpdateSuppress --leid=<LEID of product>

This is to suppress updates for leid

adobe_prtk --tool=GetPackagePools [--provfile=<AbsProvFilePath>] [--stream]

This is to process dbcs_prov.xml file

Return Code = 1

I then try to run adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=LEID [--force] [ --locale=locale ] [--deactivate] [--removeSWTag]

and receive a return code = 29

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you include the variables for the LEID etc?

Example: .\adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V7{}CreativeCloudEntWeb-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate

Please refer to the documentation.

Using Adobe provisioning toolkit enterprise edition

Adobe Creative Cloud licensing identifiers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I wasn't including the variables.

When I include them I still get the same error.

The installed product is Adobe Audition CC 2017.

c:\>adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V7{}Audition-7-Win-GM --deactivate

All rights reserved.

Return Code = 29

c:\>adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=Audition-CS7-Win-GM --deactivate

All rights reserved.

Return Code = 29

c:\>adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=Audition-CS6-Win-GM --deactivate

All rights reserved.

Return Code = 29

What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your license is probably not just for Audition but for all of CC so try the below.

adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V6{}CreativeCloudTeam-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for walking me through all of this. Now I have a better idea of what is going on and was able to deactivate a license.

This works and deactivates the license on the system but the device still appears as active in the Management Console. Is there a command that will deactivate the license and replicate the change in the Console as well?

Thank you again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad to hear that the suggestion helped. The command applies to the local machine so will not map to the console, you will have to deactivate in the console as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The APTEE tool works but is not what I am looking for. I need the change to replicate to the console. Is there a way to package an app without the license in Adobe Cloud Packager? I can then run the AdobeSerialization.exe at a later stage and serialize it with the VIP license I need it serialized for.

If that is not possible through the Adobe cloud packager is there a place I can just download the apps and activate them using the AdobeSerialization.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you can package the app without a license in the Creative Cloud Packager. Just opt to create a Named User package. This will create a package with no license attached.

Create named Adobe Creative Cloud packages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This is perfect. Exactly what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines