Highlighted

RUM Requirements?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just built out a new AUSST server & used a test box Windows 7 to see if RUM would connect & download from the local server & it worked. I then dropped the RUM application on another test box that ONLY had Acrobat DC on it & tried running it from the command line & I'm getting error 1 with no logs being created. So my questions are the following? 

1. Can RUM just be dropped on any box with Adobe products on it & work? 

2. Do I need to create the folder structure for the Override file?  I did this on my second test box by the way and it's still not working (C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\AdobeUpdater.Overrides)

3. I keep reading about Creative Cloud Packager we did use this initially & stripped out all the updater's, etc. when deploying out Acrobat & other CC apps.  Do I need this installed on the machines too?

Thank you  

Fixed it! 

Found the logs and noticed it was looking for some sort of DLL file.  I then copied this directory to my second test machine with all its contents and it worked!

LOG: Failed to initialize HDPIM wrapper, failed to load HDPIM library (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDPIM.dll)...

03/02/17 14:49:08:945 | [ERROR] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 14848 | Failed to initialize the HDPIM module.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore

1. Can RUM just be dropped on any box with Adobe products on it & work? NO apparently some Creative Cloud Components are needed to work with RUM

2. Do I need to create the folder structure for the Override file?  I did this on my second test box by the way and it's still not working (C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\AdobeUpdater.Overrides)

Yes, this seems to work if you just create the folder structure RUM will look in this folder for overrides

3. I keep reading about Creative Cloud Packager we did use this initially & stripped out all the updater's, etc. when deploying out Acrobat & other CC apps.  Do I need this installed on the machines too?

Yes, some components are needed see log I posted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RUM Requirements?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just built out a new AUSST server & used a test box Windows 7 to see if RUM would connect & download from the local server & it worked. I then dropped the RUM application on another test box that ONLY had Acrobat DC on it & tried running it from the command line & I'm getting error 1 with no logs being created. So my questions are the following? 

1. Can RUM just be dropped on any box with Adobe products on it & work? 

Thank you  

Fixed it! 

Found the logs and noticed it was looking for some sort of DLL file.  I then copied this directory to my second test machine with all its contents and it worked!

LOG: Failed to initialize HDPIM wrapper, failed to load HDPIM library (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDPIM.dll)...

03/02/17 14:49:08:945 | [ERROR] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager |  |  | 14848 | Failed to initialize the HDPIM module.

1. Can RUM just be dropped on any box with Adobe products on it & work? NO apparently some Creative Cloud Components are needed to work with RUM

Yes, this seems to work if you just create the folder structure RUM will look in this folder for overrides

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines