• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCCM Deployment - keep old file associations

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up a SCCM offline deployment of Acrobat DC Pro. I don't want this to overwrite the users current default app setting - most users have it set to Acrobat Reader - nor do I want anything that will regularly overwrite their settings. Is there any way to set the installer to not overwrite the default apps for .pdf etc?

Because of hot-desking we have to deploy DC Pro to all desktops, but only a small number of users will actually use the product, the others will be using Reader for most of their pdf needs. I'd use a GPO to set the default to Reader, but that then complicates things for users who do use Pro or other program for PDF's.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

See the doc regarding setting the default PDF viewer: Setting the Default PDF Viewer — Enterprise Administration Guide

If the env is not Win 10, there are also some properties available: Adobe Properties — Enterprise Administration Guide (sort the table and look for PDF Ownership).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the doc regarding setting the default PDF viewer: Setting the Default PDF Viewer — Enterprise Administration Guide

If the env is not Win 10, there are also some properties available: Adobe Properties — Enterprise Administration Guide (sort the table and look for PDF Ownership).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines