• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCCM deployment of Photoshop Elements 15 fails when upgrading from earlier version

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organization has licensing for Photoshop Elements and I have recently packaged the product using Creative Cloud Packager, following Adobe's best practices guide.  I am currently testing the SCCM package to ensure that it is functional, before allowing it to be distributed to our user community.  The product deploys with no problems on my test VMs, provided that no version of PSE was installed previously.

I have a task sequence that uninstalls the earlier version and its associated products (the previous version was PSE9).  Following the uninstall, the system is rebooted and the installation begins. During the process, it appears to complete successfully, but the product never actually appears on the target system.  Looking at the logs, I see the following stopping point:

MSI (s) (0C:64) [16:07:43:110]: Product: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 (x86). The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\atl110.dll is being used by the following process: Name: NwmSvc , Id 2404.

Info 1603.The file C:\WINDOWS\system32\atl110.dll is being held in use.  Close that application and retry.

Info 1903.Scheduling reboot operation: Deleting file C:\Config.Msi\44656.rbf. Must reboot to complete operation.

If I initiate a reboot, the installer does not restart.  Looking further down in the log, I find this:

MSI (s) (0C:64) [16:10:45:321]: Product: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 (x86) -- Installation operation completed successfully.

MSI (s) (0C:64) [16:10:45:326]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 (x86). Product Version: 1.0.0000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or error status: 0.

MSI (s) (0C:64) [16:10:45:327]: Windows Installer requires a system restart. Product Name: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 (x86). Product Version: 1.0.0000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Type of System Restart: 2. Reason for Restart: 1.

MSI (s) (0C:64) [16:10:45:327]: Product: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 (x86). Restart required. The installation or update for the product required a restart for all changes to take effect.  The restart was deferred to a later time.

This is confusing to me, as it seems to indicate that the installation completely successfully, but then goes on to state that a restart is required.  Any advice for getting past this hurdle would be very much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines