Highlighted

Silent Installation of Creative Cloud packages

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's everyone doing with this?

My scenario is that I've build a package with a device license. If the setup.exe that comes along with it is called directly, the install works, but the process stays open until the setup dialog is closed, which makes deploying it to large numbers of devices (like a computer lab) somewhat problematic.

Calling setup.exe --silent fails to install the entire package, I only get three or four apps. Support recommends installing with the built-in MSI installers, but this means that I need to install the Visual C++ pre-requisite, then Acrobat DC, then the main MSI for the package. Sure, it works but it's a headache that seems to be avoidable if the setup.exe installer worked properly.

Why would the installer behave any differently with the silent flag? It's not like there's any options to configure when the GUI is displayed. We get a progress bar and an "OK" button at the end.

Am I taking crazy pills, or is this the behavior that everyone else sees?

Topics

Admin console, Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Silent Installation of Creative Cloud packages

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's everyone doing with this?

My scenario is that I've build a package with a device license. If the setup.exe that comes along with it is called directly, the install works, but the process stays open until the setup dialog is closed, which makes deploying it to large numbers of devices (like a computer lab) somewhat problematic.

Calling setup.exe --silent fails to install the entire package, I only get three or four apps. Support recommends installing with the built-in MSI installers, but this means that I need to install the Visual C++ pre-requisite, then Acrobat DC, then the main MSI for the package. Sure, it works but it's a headache that seems to be avoidable if the setup.exe installer worked properly.

Why would the installer behave any differently with the silent flag? It's not like there's any options to configure when the GUI is displayed. We get a progress bar and an "OK" button at the end.

Am I taking crazy pills, or is this the behavior that everyone else sees?

Topics

Admin console, Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?