• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stamp autofill

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a Stamp to the Document, the information screen does not automatically open for my users to enter the information that appears on the stamp. For them, they have to put the stamp on the PDF the go to Edit/Preferences/Identity/then fill in the identity each time. They do enter multiple identities on the stamp. Is that why? is there a way to set a default?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Do your users have access to the HKCU registry hive?  If not, they need access to the following key and it's values:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\[VERSION_NUMBER]\Identity]

"tTitle"=""

"tName"=""

"tFirstName"=""

"tLastName"=""

"tCorporation"=""

"tEMail"=""

"tDepartment"=""

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS platform are you and your user installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 pro OS on Dell M6400 laptops and HP desktops z230 Running Adobe Pro and X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your users have access to the HKCU registry hive?  If not, they need access to the following key and it's values:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\[VERSION_NUMBER]\Identity]

"tTitle"=""

"tName"=""

"tFirstName"=""

"tLastName"=""

"tCorporation"=""

"tEMail"=""

"tDepartment"=""

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve Cordero - that worked!

Now if the user has checked the box to suppress the pop-up - is there a reg edit I can add to that to have it pop again?

pop-up.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  it's here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\AVAlert\cCheckbox]

"iStampsIdentityDlg"=dword:00000001

Simply remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

I tired this and it did not solve her "issue" of getting the pop-up to hit each time she uses the custom stamp.

I believe this is really a non issue as she only has to go to EDIT > PREFERENCES and make sure the information is correct before hitting the stamp button to ensure the user information is correct. I believe this is a non-issue as normally in a workflow the person stamping the PDF is the person stamping the PDF - not the administrative assistant stamping the PDF. I believe the user/department needs to re-think their workflow as the person stamping the PDF needs to be the person stamping the PDF (DUH). \\

If we need her to stamp as different people - then the stamp should just have that person's information in the PDF/JPG being used as art for the stamp, NO?

I am going to close the internal support ticket.

really appreciate the help Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines