• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppress Acrobat DC Sign In (Already successfully licensed for imaged deployment)

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Citrix XenDesktop deployment with Windows 10, both persistent and non-persistent desktops.

I've followed the instructions listed here - Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide to serialize my master images, and that works fine. I run the APTEE, generate the XML and serialize my masters. All works successfully, no errors in the log. The original install was done using a MSI transform from the customization wizard that disables cloud features and sets some program defaults. Grant offline exception is also in there.

The issue comes in when I deploy the images. Even though the master is serialized, when a user launches DC for the first time it prompts them for a sign in. Here is where it gets interesting, although it prompts for a sign in, if you cancel out of the popup the program runs fine. Close and relaunch Acrobat and it opens as it should, no sign in prompt. This happens for both my persistent and non-persistent images.

I looked through the logs (oobelib in %temp%), and it looks like on first launch (for every user) Acrobat is doing something like this:

• Acrobat checks the licensing, sees that it's not licensed
  • Displays the sign in prompt
  • Meanwhile in the background it continues the license check
  • Eventually (after about 15 - 20 seconds) it sees that it's licensed and reports back all good
  • But never gets rid of the sign in prompt

I could let this go for my staff using persistent desktops by just telling them to close the prompt on first logon, but not for my student labs.

Has anyone ever seen this behavior before? Is there a way around this?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

The error may have been in using the Grant Offline Exception.  You seem to have missed the note in the ETK regarding imaged OSes.

Note

Granting an offline exception to activation using the Customization Wizard for an imaged OS deployment method is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error may have been in using the Grant Offline Exception.  You seem to have missed the note in the ETK regarding imaged OSes.

Note

Granting an offline exception to activation using the Customization Wizard for an imaged OS deployment method is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it. I knew that I couldn't use the grant offline exception option, but my mistake was using the same custom transform as our standard deployment installs. Removing that option and serializing with the --stream option seems to have done the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines