• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch between License Owners

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are currently in the process of switching all our employees licenses from one reseller/owner to another and our new reseller said as we don't really have a lot of time left (the current licenses run out by tomorrow) it would be the most easy way to let all licenses run out and stop working and then activate the new ones.

My question is, whats the exact procedure here? Like user A uses to log in with his Adobe Account that runs by the login name A@a.com. Tomorrow his linked license with Owner B will run out and stop working.

He will then have to link his account A@a.com with the new license for the same product.

I then will send the activation link for Owner C's newly purchased licenses. Then he should activate the new license and things should work ...fine?
We already got the new licenses at our reseller but when I now activate it, it would still connect me with the old license of Owner B. Or at least I think they are, as the new Reseller said, the newly activates licenses should usually be marked as trials during the initial launch period of that fresh license.

My biggest concerns are that our employees would have to reinstall all of their apps or just wouldn't be able to log into their accounts as we are just in the middle of a production.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Hello,

If you got the new license with the new Reseller, start adding the users and assign those licenses. Once done, you can remove the old one and ask the user to sign out/in using the correct account under which the new licenses are assigned. If the license type is the same (named user license) then there is no need to remove any application. By signing out/in to the application will activate the new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from acct, payment and plan>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

If you got the new license with the new Reseller, start adding the users and assign those licenses. Once done, you can remove the old one and ask the user to sign out/in using the correct account under which the new licenses are assigned. If the license type is the same (named user license) then there is no need to remove any application. By signing out/in to the application will activate the new license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines