Highlighted

Syncing spinning blue wheel

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 Adobe accounts, with 4 seats (Macs) running the Creative Cloud App. 2 Machines with one Creative Cloud app work great and are all synced up. The other login account has had significant trouble with getting stuck and the dreaded spinning blue wheel with no Sync Status in the black bar below it. Been spinning for days. This is the third time I have rebuilt all of the local files on that machine. It syncs for a couple of days but then just hangs up for days. I need Adobe to fix this. I have had no luck up to this point and I am tired of deleting OOBE files. I need someone who knows what they are doing to fix this and not lose all my files again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Syncing spinning blue wheel

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 Adobe accounts, with 4 seats (Macs) running the Creative Cloud App. 2 Machines with one Creative Cloud app work great and are all synced up. The other login account has had significant trouble with getting stuck and the dreaded spinning blue wheel with no Sync Status in the black bar below it. Been spinning for days. This is the third time I have rebuilt all of the local files on that machine. It syncs for a couple of days but then just hangs up for days. I need Adobe to fix this. I have had no luck up to this point and I am tired of deleting OOBE files. I need someone who knows what they are doing to fix this and not lose all my files again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a bit confuse by your explanation:

So you have 2 adobe all plan licence for 4 mac, are these 4 mac on the same OS version ?

"The other login account has had significant trouble " ==> Are you talking about an other Mac or an account ?

When you talk about "syncing", are you talking about creative cloud files ?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all Macs involved are on High Sierra.

Talking about the creative cloud account with a specific email address login that 2 of the Macs login to Adobe CC.

The 2 Macs that login to the CC account that are "owners" of the files. The login mentioned above (the one having trouble) are Collaborating with the files.

Talking about syncing Creative Cloud Files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum i'm pretty sure that there is a conflict somewhere.

Could you please try to deactivate all your collaborate file, log you on your "problematic acount" and see if there is any change.

If the syncing wheel has disapeared please try to create a new collaborate folder on your first account, share it with your second account and see what's going on.

Thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. To make things easier for you to understand, I'm going to use names.

2 CC accounts - customerservice

- manager

4 Macs (Mac names)

- Trump - logs into CC as manager

- Bush - logs into CC as manager

- Lincoln - logs into CC as customerservice

- Reagan - logs into CC as customerservice

The manager CC account is the owner of 4 Folders:

- Working Jobs

- Graphics Support

- Incoming Artwork

- Master Archive 2018

All 4 of these are collaborating with the customerservice CC account and total about 90GB. The Master Archive folder is quite large and I don't want to change something to have 70 or 80 GB of data have to download again to these two customerservice machines.

I have went thru this twice already and it gets so far then stops syncing and just gets stuck on the spinning wheel.

on Friday I "uncollaborated" the folder names Master Archive 2018 from the customerservice account. The 2 machines logged into that account, moved the Master Archive 2018 folder (what it had sync'd so far) to the trash and the spinning wheel hangup started syncing again and completed getting up to date with the other 3 folders.

What do I do now to get the Master Archive 2018 folder up to date without having to go through days of syncing again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dumb question, did you checked that you have enought space on the two customerservice mac ?

How much space are you allow to use with your "customerservice" adobe plan ?

For me you can do one thing to find the problem:

-Check your trash where the "master archive 2018" was mooved and check what is missing in this folder compare to "manager" one.

You can do size comparision for a start, and then dive into it and try to find where the sync was stoped or blocked (keep in mind that the sync start from the top of each folder)

What do I do now to get the Master Archive 2018 folder up to date without having to go through days of syncing again?

Maybe you could try to collaborated the "master archive" again, wait for the folder to be create again on the "customerservice" CC and paste directly into it all the content you have beforehand copy on a hardrive or something like this from the manager CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, plenty of hard drive space.........and I upgraded the customer service CC account to 1TB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Francouz LATEST
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so you really should try to see, as i said above, if there is a file uin your "master" folder that is not syncing correctly.

It happened to me recently with Character Animator file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines