• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

there is no disk error

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Acrobat DC after a fresh installation of Windows 10 Professional 64bit.

Upon re-booting I get the following error:

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \Device\HarddiskVolume14

I click continue and then get the same error for Volumes 11, 12 and 13 also

I checked Disk Manager and I do not have those volumes

My though is that they are the volumes for USB and/or card readers.

I know how to suppress the error in the registry but that does not take care of the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Sal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a subscription or purchased acrobat dc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a site license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that an education or enterprise license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely an enterprise license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

This is the error that comes on after boot. There is also Vol 11,12,and 14 with the error.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had seen the reference you made prior to submitting my question. I saw others also. The registry entry changes the error tolerance and masks the issue or suppresses it. I was trying to find out the cause.

This is brand new system and I had the error and cold not find the course. I re-installed Windows 10 from scratch and individually added back software. As soon as I installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, the errors occurred. I looked at the Disk Management console and there are no Drives 11-14 present for me to address.

Thank you for your note.

Sal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft note a very similar issue if the default C drive is changed to a removable drive.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/330137

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came across that Microsoft answer but it did not help. The disks that are reading as the errors upon boot do not show in disk manager

I should mention now however, that I have not seen the error upon multiple re-boots. I am not sure if there was an update in Windows or Adobe that remedied the problem.

I will keep testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines