Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking Activity in Creative Cloud

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any way to track user activity in Adobe Creative cloud via an API, Web Services request, etc. (Any type of activity info is a starting point, i.e. downloads, manual syncs, etc.) We're trying to programmatically and consistently identify who within our organization is using their Adobe products so we can redistribute when necessary. Having a starting point re. where to look would be really helpful.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Hi,

As of now we have Content Log feature in Admin Console in order to track assets activities by the users.

To view the Content Logs for your organization, do the following:

• In the Admin Console, navigate to Settings > Content Logs.
  • Click Create Report.
  • Choose a date range and click Create Report.The date range is as per your local time.

For more information please refer the following help article:

Content Logs

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is to my knowledge no tool within the Adobe eco-system that helps with this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As of now we have Content Log feature in Admin Console in order to track assets activities by the users.

To view the Content Logs for your organization, do the following:

• In the Admin Console, navigate to Settings > Content Logs.
  • Click Create Report.
  • Choose a date range and click Create Report.The date range is as per your local time.

For more information please refer the following help article:

Content Logs

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Content logs are empty. I suppose that is because my users are ID Type "Adobe ID"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucien,

Yes, this is very much correct.

Actions performed on assets by Adobe ID users are also logged. However, assets managed by users with Adobe IDs are not included in report because legally, the individual users own these assets, not your organization.

Thanks,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I understand that. But as the subscription is "owned" by the company so the data should also be owned by the company as also the work people do during their work time is owned by the company. This is for us now not a real problem as I'm the only one using the cloud ;-).

But I was intrigued to learn if I could do some accounting on what programs are used like the OPs initial request. So is there a possibility to change the "Adobe id" type people's account (also attached to their company's e-mail address) in something company managed?

I didn't find any straight possibility to change an id into something other. So I wonder if that is dependant on the type of subscription you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumit

Thanks for the response! Is there any way to pull these reports via an API or are they only available through the UI?

Thanks again!

Skye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines