Highlighted

Uninstall Creative Suite 6 before Creative Cloud 2017 install

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got a green light to move off of Creative Suite 6 and go to Creative Cloud 2017 install. We have about 100 of MacOS devices with Creative Cloud 6 and I need to uninstall them systematically or self service way for users to uninstall and clean up using bash or python script. We use JAMF Pro MDM with our MacOS management so we can run these script automatically or self-service policy by the user.

Can someone help me building a script or someone already built one that removes Creative Suite 6 that they can share?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uninstall Creative Suite 6 before Creative Cloud 2017 install

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got a green light to move off of Creative Suite 6 and go to Creative Cloud 2017 install. We have about 100 of MacOS devices with Creative Cloud 6 and I need to uninstall them systematically or self service way for users to uninstall and clean up using bash or python script. We use JAMF Pro MDM with our MacOS management so we can run these script automatically or self-service policy by the user.

Can someone help me building a script or someone already built one that removes Creative Suite 6 that they can share?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
prodic LATEST
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ended up compiling a list of files(Composer) used by all of the CS6 programs and then deleting those files using a script.

Some leftovers might be expected as user-generated files will not be deleted.

Combining the possibilities of JAMF Pro (event triggers, smart groups etc.) we ended up with a workflow that deleted CS6 and upgraded to (at the time) CC2015. Same procedure can be used for CC2017.

It wasn't pretty at all but it got the job done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines