Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstaller Script via CC Packager Missing Point Releases From List

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings:

Today, I have tested creating and using a CC uninstall command-line application on MacOS to test how it would do with uninstalling applications, except for CC 2018.

Within the packager, I've chosen to cherry pick my choices of CC application versions to install, which were mainly 2016/2017 applications, but leave the 2018 ones alone. While a number of applications were uninstalled, more of them were not.

It turns after, after another round of testing with a second version of the uninstaller, that point releases (for instance, 15.0.1) will not uninstall. Five of these point releases, including After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere Pro, are point releases for CC 2017, but all of them did not have, say, 15.01 for Photoshop, available as one of the choices to remove via the command-line application.

I am assuming that the CC Packager that's generated is the most recent, so not sure why those point versions aren't available to choose before the package building process.

If there's a way that this can be resolved, it would surely best most welcome. Thank you!

Velanche

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Hi Velanche

I am not sure what sort of script you are using, but the most easy way of uninstalling apps is by creating a uninstall package and deploy it, or you can also use the XML file uninstall way mentioned in this link below.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Velanche

I am not sure what sort of script you are using, but the most easy way of uninstalling apps is by creating a uninstall package and deploy it, or you can also use the XML file uninstall way mentioned in this link below.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines