• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update AIP Reader 2015 where have I gone wrong?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update an AIP for Reader 2015. I get "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program.."

Here are the steps I followed, failure occurred on step 5.

1. Downloaded the base version ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/Acrobat2015/1500630033/AcroRdr20151500630033_MUI.exe

2. Extracted "<path to folder where file is located>\AcroRdr20151500630033_MUI.exe" -sfx_o"<path to folder where the files are to be extracted>" -sfx_ne

3. run: msiexec /a "<path to the folder the files were extracted to in the previous step>\AcroRead.msi" TARGETDIR="<path to AIP>"

4. Downloaded the latest update from this location ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/Acrobat2015/1500630198/AcroRdr2015Upd1500630198_MUI.msp

5. run: msiexec /a "<path to the AIP created in the previous step>acroread.msi" /p "<path to folder where update file is located>\AcroRdr2015Upd1500630198_MUI.msp"

I imagine that I am using the wrong base file or the wrong update, however I have been unable to find anywhere how one figures this out.

Can anyone pinpoint my error? Sorry if his question has been asked many times before.

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Actually after several days I found the answer. I was trying to do this on a computer that had Adobe Reader already installed. As soon as I removed it, the steps above worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually after several days I found the answer. I was trying to do this on a computer that had Adobe Reader already installed. As soon as I removed it, the steps above worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines