• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Creative Cloud application itself via Apple Remote Desktop

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings and apologies if this is addressed/answered somewhere else but I could not find it.

I need to update the Creative Cloud application itself...not the applications that live under that umbrella. Adobe Remote Update does not appear to do this so firing off a terminal command to run Remote Update Manager doesn't do it. 

This is not for myself, I know about the Preference to keep it updated on my Mac...I'm talking about supporting the 100+ of our users with this application...I need a way en masse to push a terminal command via ARD for this to happen. We do not have our users logging into CC on their own as it mucks up the machine based licensing.

Other than creating an installer for the latest version and pushing it to each Mac, any other way to do this?

Am I missing something obvious? Thank you.

Joshua

TOPICS
Admin console , Enterprise , Teams , Users and groups

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The other option would be to deploy a self-service package which would allow end users to update themselves. If that is not feasible then building an occassional (quarterly would usually be adequate) package with the desktop app and deploying is the best bet.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/update-overview.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/enterprise/package/help/deploying-packages-ard.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines