Highlighted

Updating Creative Cloud Desktop App [Enterprise]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some dumb questions regarding updating the Creative Cloud Desktop for our organization... I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

I saw on the Adobe Security Bulletin page that there is a new Creative Cloud Desktop App out (4.8.0.410).  Normally, I download apps create a script, then distribute to my users using SCCM.

1. When I click on the download center, it brings me to the page to download the version that need Internet access to install.  This won't work as I need an offline version to install.  I found this page to download the offline install but it is a version behind at 4.8.0.400.  Is there a link to download the offline version of 4.8.0.410 somewhere?

2. Even with the offline version, I can't seem to get this to install/update silently through command line.  Tried --silent, /s, -s ... nothing works.  It pops up with a screen for users to enter in their credentials (we are federated with Adobe).  I need this to be all behind the scenes as I'll be scripting this and sending it through SCCM.  We initially got Creative cloud Desktop when we created a Creative Cloud repackager with Adobe Acrobat.  Do I have to redo the repackager to get this exe to work silently?  This is all very confusing.

Can anyone help?

Solved my own question.

Here's the answer if anyone else is looking for it:  Essentially, you have to use the Create Cloud Packager available from Adobe LWS.  In the wizard, it gives you the option of only selecting the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.  From there it creates a custom exe file for which you can add the --silent parameter on for deployment in SCCM.

I hope Adobe straightens this out.  This is a bit of a clunky setup, and there isn't really any documentation out there relating specifically updating the CC Desktop App for enterprise deployment.

I should also mention that in my testing it does not interfere with the other Adobe products installed (Acrobat, etc).  It only updates the CC Desktop App.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updating Creative Cloud Desktop App [Enterprise]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some dumb questions regarding updating the Creative Cloud Desktop for our organization... I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

I saw on the Adobe Security Bulletin page that there is a new Creative Cloud Desktop App out (4.8.0.410).  Normally, I download apps create a script, then distribute to my users using SCCM.

1. When I click on the download center, it brings me to the page to download the version that need Internet access to install.  This won't work as I need an offline version to install.  I found this page to download the offline install but it is a version behind at 4.8.0.400.  Is there a link to download the offline version of 4.8.0.410 somewhere?

2. Even with the offline version, I can't seem to get this to install/update silently through command line.  Tried --silent, /s, -s ... nothing works.  It pops up with a screen for users to enter in their credentials (we are federated with Adobe).  I need this to be all behind the scenes as I'll be scripting this and sending it through SCCM.  We initially got Creative cloud Desktop when we created a Creative Cloud repackager with Adobe Acrobat.  Do I have to redo the repackager to get this exe to work silently?  This is all very confusing.

Can anyone help?

Solved my own question.

Here's the answer if anyone else is looking for it:  Essentially, you have to use the Create Cloud Packager available from Adobe LWS.  In the wizard, it gives you the option of only selecting the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.  From there it creates a custom exe file for which you can add the --silent parameter on for deployment in SCCM.

I hope Adobe straightens this out.  This is a bit of a clunky setup, and there isn't really any documentation out there relating specifically updating the CC Desktop App for enterprise deployment.

I should also mention that in my testing it does not interfere with the other Adobe products installed (Acrobat, etc).  It only updates the CC Desktop App.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do distributions, but I do remember reading that Adobe has not (as of the time of what I read) released the special versions that may be bundled for a distribution install

Since I don't do that, I didn't make note of the discussion link... I suggest you contact Adobe

This is a public forum, not the link to Adobe support

-please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Or, ask your question in the forum for that procedure

Forum and links for help with the Packager

-http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_suite_enterprise_deployment

-and more information and Packager Links https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1586021

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I posted the question the Packager Forum as well.

By the way, your link to Adobe support doesn't seem to work... at the end I get to "Would you like to contact us?" and the only option I'm given is "Community Forums" and it leads me right back to here.  lol. What is the email address for support?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Adobe does not do support by email... try the support link again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

This is also a duplicate of How to update just the Creative Cloud Desktop App for Deployment​ which I have now locked to reduce confusion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my own question.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've created a package directly from the Adobe site and found it does not contain the most up to date CC Desktop app. The RemoteUpdateManager also fails to see the update. It looks like this is a physical visit to each machine.... or?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud should update itself or its components automatically once it has been installed with administrative rights or via SCCM without the need for the end user to have administrative rights themselves. If you are experiencing problems related to this, I would ask that you open a new thread or open a case on the Support tab of your Admin Console to get in touch with our team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0