Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Management API - Retreive Plans Associated with a USER_GROUP

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

I hope you can help, I have a question regarding the Adobe Creative Cloud User Management API.

I have an app that is retrieving all user groups and product profiles with:

GET /v2/usermanagement/groups/{orgId}/{page}

And all user in the organisation with:

GET /v2/usermanagement/users/{orgId}/{page}

I am now attempting to rationalise these lists so I can determine which products each user has been assigned, either directly or through user groups.  The challenge seems to be with user groups, I can link a user:

{

"email": "user1@domain.com",

"status": "active",

"groups": ["Default Acrobat Pro DC configuration_5ED31C8-provisioning", "Project Management Team", "Technical Consultants"],

"username": "user1@domain.com",

"domain": "domain.com",

"firstname": "User",

"lastname": "One",

"country": "GB",

"type": "federatedID"

}

To a group:

{

"groupName": "Project Management Team",

"type": "USER_GROUP",

"adminGroupName": "_admin_Project Management Team",

"memberCount": 3

}

But I cannot find how to link the user group to a product.  In the Admin Console for this user I see that they have been assigned ‘Default Acrobat Pro DC configuration’ that is linked to ‘Acrobat Pro DC’ product through the 'Project Management Team' group.

So, how do I determine via the API which plans are associated to the user groups?

Thanks

Gary

-=-

TOPICS
Admin console , Enterprise , Users and groups

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Hi,

The current version of the UMAPI has no way to show details of a group, other than what you see when you do a GET for all groups in the Org (product profile associated is not listed in there).

However, product profiles are also 'groups', so they'll have a "groupName" and a "type" metadata. The type for these would be 'PRODUCT_PROFILE'

Getting the users of the product profile using that product profile name can give you the list of all users added to that profile (ultimately - entitled to it)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The current version of the UMAPI has no way to show details of a group, other than what you see when you do a GET for all groups in the Org (product profile associated is not listed in there).

However, product profiles are also 'groups', so they'll have a "groupName" and a "type" metadata. The type for these would be 'PRODUCT_PROFILE'

Getting the users of the product profile using that product profile name can give you the list of all users added to that profile (ultimately - entitled to it) via:

GET /v2/usermanagement/users/{orgId}/{page}/{groupName}?directOnly=false

Be sure to add at the end of the URL the parameter directOnly=false, so you can get direct and indirect access to this product (via a user-group that has the product associated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines