Highlighted

User sync not finding all users

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of transitioning our device licenses over to shared device licenses. We're a school district, so we had to hold off until summer to make the change.

I have everything set up for the user sync tool on a server, and it's able to connect to our AD server and search. When I point it at a group of 10 users (as a test), it only says it would create 8 accounts when I run the sync tool in test mode. I created a nested group in AD, changed the group membership config as documented ( Advanced Configuration  ), added the initial group of 10 to that group, and another group with 4 users in it, and it still said it would only create the same 8 users when I ran the sync tool in test mode.

Just to see what would happen, I pointed the config at our group in AD that contains all staff users (> 800), ran the sync tool in test mode again, and it still said it would only be creating the same 8 user accounts as before.

I'm stumped here. Ultimately, I need to have it sync a total of 7 groups. It doesn't matter to me if I have to set them up as a nested group in AD, or configure 7 different group definitions in the sync tool config, I just want it to work properly and sync everyone that it should be.

What am I missing here?

Hi,

This issue needs our expert's insights hence, to resolve this, please create a case or start a chat from the Admin Console's support tab: Enterprise Support.

TOPICS
Admin Console Users and Groups, Creative Cloud Apps or products, Enterprise IDs or Adobe IDs, Enterprise Support, Manage enterprise accounts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

User sync not finding all users

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of transitioning our device licenses over to shared device licenses. We're a school district, so we had to hold off until summer to make the change.

I have everything set up for the user sync tool on a server, and it's able to connect to our AD server and search. When I point it at a group of 10 users (as a test), it only says it would create 8 accounts when I run the sync tool in test mode. I created a nested group in AD, changed the group membership config as documented ( Advanced Configuration  ), added the initial group of 10 to that group, and another group with 4 users in it, and it still said it would only create the same 8 users when I ran the sync tool in test mode.

Just to see what would happen, I pointed the config at our group in AD that contains all staff users (> 800), ran the sync tool in test mode again, and it still said it would only be creating the same 8 user accounts as before.

I'm stumped here. Ultimately, I need to have it sync a total of 7 groups. It doesn't matter to me if I have to set them up as a nested group in AD, or configure 7 different group definitions in the sync tool config, I just want it to work properly and sync everyone that it should be.

What am I missing here?

Hi,

This issue needs our expert's insights hence, to resolve this, please create a case or start a chat from the Admin Console's support tab: Enterprise Support.

TOPICS
Admin Console Users and Groups, Creative Cloud Apps or products, Enterprise IDs or Adobe IDs, Enterprise Support, Manage enterprise accounts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Ours is only detecting a handful of users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0