Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using ipad apps with enterprise CC subscription

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I'm an art director at an ad agency. Our designers use your products on both desktop macs and ipads every day.
Apps like Adobe Draw and Adobe Sketch are potentially very useful to us... Unfortunately there's a large barrier to their use in a professional capacity.

The apps are great for starting a project, but not for finishing.
To finish, one would want to transfer the files into photoshop or illustrator.
The only way to do that transfer is to use creative cloud.
There is no way to wire transfer, email, or airdrop the file... you MUST use creative cloud.

This creates a major road block for us because we can't sign into your ipad apps with our enterprise ID.
It returns an error message. So we can't transfer our files.

Our current workaround is to:
1. sign into ipad apps using a dummy CC account or personal CC account
2. log out of our Enterprise CC account on desktop software
3. login with the dummy account on desktop software
4. transfer files to creative cloud which doesn't always work reliably.

5. transfer files to desktop.

6. signout of dummy/personal account

7. sign back in with enterprise account to finally resume work.

This process is extremely clumsy, time-consuming and annoying.

Please clarify what we're doing wrong, or work on a way to fix it

-----

An additional note on Product Strategy.
The whole approach of forcing us to use your cloud is not cool. Feels like you're holding our artwork hostage.
I can totally see some value in the creative cloud when it works seamlessly... but in the end all we want/need is tools to create art. We buy the tools for a very healthy price, but the art should be ours and we should be able to access those files without using yet another cloud service that's being force fed to us.

Me and my team use your products every single day and love a lot of things about them. However these tactics urk myself and others to the bone.
This reminds me of EA forcing microtransactions into their recent Star Wars game. It was so obviously greedy that consumers revolted and EA's stock prices plummeted. Adobe's approach is more subtle, but has the same essence and your user-base will catch on.

Programs like Affinity and Procreate are hot on your heels and it won't take much more to break the camel's back.
If you focus on quality creative tools we'll stay loyal. If you continue transitioning to money sucking non-essential platforms that your creative tools rely on... well... I guess we'll probably see what happens.

To the forum mods, this is probably not the right avenue for this message, but I don't know where else to post or who to contact.
I really think this deserves consideration at a high level, so if possible please get some corporate eyes on it.

-Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?