• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Remote Update Manager (RUM) to update to CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a few computers with CC for teams installed. Today I tried to update a couple using RUM manually. This worked OK, however I discovered that the applications had not updated to CC 2017 versions, where such a version has been released.

I tried updating RUM by downloading the latest version Remote Update Manager update but this did not make any difference.  As a test I also tried running RUM with this parameter to attempt to just update Photoshop –productVersions=PHSP and the results was no updates.

I am left wondering if RUM has not been updated to include CC 2017. This article, which does not list the latest versions, points to that possibility Channel IDs for use with Adobe Remote Update Manager.

Can anyone set me straight on anything I have missed?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Essentially these are not updates but full versions of products that can actually be installed alongside existing versions.

So for example. Photoshop 2017 is not an update for Photoshop 2015.5, it is a standalone version with a full installer that can co-exist with earlier versions. So it would be necessary to package and deploy the latest version of Photoshop. Once deployed this can be updated with the current version of RUM.

The full list can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/apps-deployed-without-their-base-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially these are not updates but full versions of products that can actually be installed alongside existing versions.

So for example. Photoshop 2017 is not an update for Photoshop 2015.5, it is a standalone version with a full installer that can co-exist with earlier versions. So it would be necessary to package and deploy the latest version of Photoshop. Once deployed this can be updated with the current version of RUM.

The full list can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/apps-deployed-without-their-base-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This answer certainly highlighted a basic concept that I was unaware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines