Highlighted

VMWare Horizon View Desktop Pool Upgrade/Sign in Notifications

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop pool that is licensed for Adobe Acrobat XI. These pools work off of a parent image that is used to create all of the desktops. I install Acrobat and enter license info at that time. When the users log off the desktops are refreshed to the original state clearing all user data. Each users profile is copied to a network location which includes a copy of the registry. Recently I tried to patch Acrobat to make sure it is secure and then redeployed it. Afterwards users in this pool get a popup about upgrading to DC or continuing to use the trial version and are asked to login with their Adobe ID. I did find some registry entries to remove the search for updates link in the help menu and it seems to have stopped the icon from showing up in the system tray when there is an update but how do I get rid of this and the sign-in popup? It confuses the end users, I need it to be blocked -

The In Product Messages can probably be stopped by using these registry entries in the ETK Preference Reference:

In product messaging

Regarding the "Sign-In"  that might be a bit more difficult because the environment you have used is not something that was tested or supported for Acrobat XI.  It was only tested and is supported with Acrobat DC and Reader DC.

VMware Horizon Deployments — Enterprise Administration Guide

You can "try" the serialization method that works for Acrobat DC, but again this was never tested and is not supported. So even if you try it, the method may not work.  But it's worth trying if it does work.

Either way, that is  a very precarious position.

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

VMWare Horizon View Desktop Pool Upgrade/Sign in Notifications

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop pool that is licensed for Adobe Acrobat XI. These pools work off of a parent image that is used to create all of the desktops. I install Acrobat and enter license info at that time. When the users log off the desktops are refreshed to the original state clearing all user data. Each users profile is copied to a network location which includes a copy of the registry. Recently I tried to patch Acrobat to make sure it is secure and then redeployed it. Afterwards users in this pool get a popup about upgrading to DC or continuing to use the trial version and are asked to login with their Adobe ID. I did find some registry entries to remove the search for updates link in the help menu and it seems to have stopped the icon from showing up in the system tray when there is an update but how do I get rid of this and the sign-in popup? It confuses the end users, I need it to be blocked -

The In Product Messages can probably be stopped by using these registry entries in the ETK Preference Reference:

In product messaging

Regarding the "Sign-In"  that might be a bit more difficult because the environment you have used is not something that was tested or supported for Acrobat XI.  It was only tested and is supported with Acrobat DC and Reader DC.

You can "try" the serialization method that works for Acrobat DC, but again this was never tested and is not supported. So even if you try it, the method may not work.  But it's worth trying if it does work.

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In product messaging

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Thanks for the response it was very helpful. I ended up adding these registry entries - 

ETK Preference Reference:

In product messaging

and used the customization wizard to edit the MSI file to lock down the settings I needed. I did have to use 7zip to extract the AcrobatXI.exe file I downloaded to get the MSI needed for Customization Wizard. These two things seemed to have locked down Acrobat across my images. I will update if anything changes.

Thanks,

Paul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines