Highlighted

When I try to install Acrobat DC Standard, why is Professional installed?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an installer with the serial key for standard, installs the professional version. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it?

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When I try to install Acrobat DC Standard, why is Professional installed?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an installer with the serial key for standard, installs the professional version. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it?

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Creative Cloud installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but Professional was installed previously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... that shouldn't happen.  You are using a different serial number to install, correct?  If yes, have you tried removing the current installation with the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool?

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

If not, give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. I was working on the same machine. I tried using a different login account to uninstall, using the cleaner, and rebooting. I used the testing account to reinstall, but still Pro was installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this follows me from machine to machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please private message me with the serial number.  I'll send you a message so you can just reply to it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send you the .mst file as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,  that would be fine.  The serial is Acrobat Standard DC as you stated earlier.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see a mechanism for attaching a file

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll send you a process in a private message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robin,

Thanks for the MST file.  I checked it out and did a test installation with it, however,  when I install I get Adobe Acrobat Standard DC as a result.  Are you sure that there aren't any Creative Cloud based applications running on the machines that you have been testing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am positive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you gather the licensing logs and get a verbose installation log?

The licensing logs can be gathered with the Adobe Log Collector Tool.

Log Collector Tool

If you didn't get a verbose installation log before there are a couple of ways to get one but it requires that install to another machine or remove and reinstall to the current machine. 

How to Enable Microsoft Installer logging and Verbose logging to gather additional troubleshooting Information

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2545723

Command line Installation Syntax for generating a verbose installation log file.

msiexec /i <path\AcroPro.msi> TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" /L*v "C\<path\AcroStanInstall.log>"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RobinG LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do! Thank you very much for your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines