• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are users randomly prompted to login to use apps?

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage desktop support and these tickets seem to come in waves. Users are confused about having to sign in. It's fairly simple to straighten them out, but they do want to know why this happens. Please educate me on why/when users get prompted.

TOPICS
Manage account , Troubleshooting , Users and groups

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us more about your operating system and version, the software and version. Please use EXACT version numbers. "Latest version" does not tell us that you really have the latest version and will no more be true at the next version level.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Users are Windows 10 (1803 and later), MAC OS (Mojave or Catalina), running Acrobat Pro DC. Not sure what actual version they are using since the Admin Console doesn't tell me that. Probably  2020.009.20063

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... why does it confuse your users? My experience is that Creative Cloud sometimes rechecks your login, and you just have to login. It may be annoying but why is it confusing, why do you need to straighten anything out for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The confusion comes from them assuming the ID is tied to their domain account, ie I used the password I use to login to everything else and it didn't work. We just have to explain that it's not and have them reset their password. We converted people to the cloud licenses last year and they are not used to be asked to login. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines