Highlighted

Will iProtectedView=2 allow cTrustedFolders?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my environment (Windows Domain, Windows 10 clients) Acrobat Reader is hardened to the max, settings are applied via GPO

Protected View=2, JavaScript disabled etc.

We do receive PDF files with include JavaScripts and are a kind of automated forms.

Some of these our users need to handle, disregarding the hardening.

While reading I assumed I needed to add the TrustManager key, and then  below the cTrustedFolders.

Now, while still reading, it became more foggy, should I just add f.i. a string named T3 with value \\sharelocation\sharename\folder, or should I add first a key like cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScripts, and in there a string named T3 etc.??? I tried all of these, including to do this at HKCU, HKLM ( and then, Software\Adobe, or Software\Policies\Adobe or adding WOW6432node... enough choices). But none of these work.

Yes when I change iProtectedView to 1, things work, but none of the TrustManager keys will be used then.

I also tried to add cTrustedFolders with a string, and the variant with cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScripts and a string to FeatureLockDown, also does not work.

The main question, does iProtectedView=2 work correct with any PL setup via cTrustedFolders, or not.

[Question moved to the Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader) forum. -Mod.]

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will iProtectedView=2 allow cTrustedFolders?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my environment (Windows Domain, Windows 10 clients) Acrobat Reader is hardened to the max, settings are applied via GPO

Protected View=2, JavaScript disabled etc.

We do receive PDF files with include JavaScripts and are a kind of automated forms.

Some of these our users need to handle, disregarding the hardening.

While reading I assumed I needed to add the TrustManager key, and then  below the cTrustedFolders.

Now, while still reading, it became more foggy, should I just add f.i. a string named T3 with value \\sharelocation\sharename\folder, or should I add first a key like cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScripts, and in there a string named T3 etc.??? I tried all of these, including to do this at HKCU, HKLM ( and then, Software\Adobe, or Software\Policies\Adobe or adding WOW6432node... enough choices). But none of these work.

Yes when I change iProtectedView to 1, things work, but none of the TrustManager keys will be used then.

I also tried to add cTrustedFolders with a string, and the variant with cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScripts and a string to FeatureLockDown, also does not work.

The main question, does iProtectedView=2 work correct with any PL setup via cTrustedFolders, or not.

[Question moved to the Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader) forum. -Mod.]

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?