• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add-ons have been uninstalled without my permission

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: The issue below has been fixed and we are investigating ways to ensure that this issue never happens again. We apologize for the inconvenience to anyone that was affected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are aware of some users having had their Add-ons uninstalled without asking. We are currently investigating the cause of this. It’s important to note that while the Add-on may have been removed the entitlement, in other words your ownership of that Add-on has not been removed, therefore it can easily be reinstalled. Below we show the ways to reinstall any Add-ons that may have been removed.

1. Go to: https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/my_addons and make sure you sign in with the Adobe or Enterprise ID you used to acquire those Add-ons.
  2. For each add-on within the My Add-ons page you will see either a blue install button or a gray Remove button. If you want to reinstall an Add-on that was uninstalled click on the blue Install button to reinstall it. If you received a message that an Add-ons was removed but you see a Remove button, click the Remove button first and then after a few minutes click on the blue Install button.
  3. You should receive an install notification or be asked to click on a message to continue the install by entering your computer’s admin password. If the main install method does not work, you can use an alternative install method to install your add-ons. Within the My Add-ons page you will see some gray text called “Install issues?” Click on that link and scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says “Download using Extension Manager >”. When you click on this link you will see a blue button which lets you download a zxp file. This int eh install file format for add-ons. In order to install the zxp files you should use a zxp install utility like Anastaisy’s Extension Manager available here: http://install.anastasiy.com/# Double clicking the zxp file should open that Extension Manager and let you install the Add-on. Make sure not to have the Adobe apps open while the install occurs to avoid any install problems.

We also have this link: https://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/19#steps for troubleshooting. I hope the above helps.

Summary

1. We apologize for the inconvenience and are investigating the cause of this issue.
  2. While add-ons may have been removed they can easily be reinstalled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?