Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add-ons installation problems and lack of activity in the CC app

Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that for all Creative Cloud Adobe application users installing Add-ons, the Creative Cloud Desktop Application should now be used for installation as opposed to Extension Manager CC. (Note that Extension Manager CS6 should still continue to be used for CS6 add-ons users only).
Activity Stream.PNG

When you log into the Extensions website and click the blue button to ‘acquire’ an add-on, after several moments pass, you should see some activity in the Activity Stream in the Creative Cloud Desktop App (as per the image on the right). The stream should indicate whether installation was successful or not. (If you receive an error code, please check the list of errors posted in this article: https://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/19#errors)

For Adobe Add-ons users who are experiencing installation difficulties via the Creative Cloud Desktop App where the Activity stream in the app Home tab is NOT reporting any error messages, we would ask you to first of all please restart your computer – particularly for Windows, and retry the download by clicking ‘Remove’ then ‘Install’ from ‘My Add-ons’: https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons. If there is still no activity in the Creative Cloud Desktop App, the next step is to install an Adobe Application from the 'Apps' tab. It does not matter if it is a Trial version or Full version, but we recommend installing Photoshop because this app writes 'media' to the database whereas other apps such as Illustrator does not. (If you already have Photoshop installed, please uninstall it then reinstall it, rebooting in between).

Now please try to acquire your add-on again. If there is still no Activity in the Home Tab of the Creative Cloud Desktop Application (as per image on the right), please follow the instructions below to generate log files and send them to us which will enable us to look into the issue further:

1. Download the file called 'ExManLog.YES' and place it at:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CC\ExManLog.YES

Mac: /Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CC/Adobe Extension Manager CC.app/Contents/MacOS/ExManLog.YES

Note: [To reveal the Contents folder on Mac, you must right-click on the Extension Manager CC application itself in the directory (the one which is not expandable), and choose "show package contents". This will reveal the Contents folder].

2. Please now attempt to install the add-on again in the same way that you did previously. Directly afterwards, please follow step 3 to record what happened.

3. Download the Log Collector Tool from here, selecting the correct version for your platform.

Windows: Double-click the LogCollectorTool.exe to execute. The log files will now be saved as a ZIP file to your Desktop.

Mac: Double-click to open the LogCollectorTool. Several terminal windows will open. You will be prompted to enter your password. Enter the password for the administrator account you are currently logged in to on Mac. When you enter the password, if you don't see any characters being typed in, continue to type anyway and then press Return. The log files should shortly be saved as a ZIP file on your Desktop. To quit the Terminal window, type Exit and press Return.

The email address to forward the ZIP file to is asupport@adobe.com. (Please check that there is an ExManLog.YES file in the ZIP. If not, please attach that too).

Regards,

Krystal - Add-ons team

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re the below instructions for generating log files on a Mac.

I have all the latest updated CC15 downloads installed and no such folder path exists, added to which it isn't recommended to save/make a folder with .app in it's name! What gives, am I missing something?

2. Download the file called 'ExManLog.YES' and place it at:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CC\ExManLog.YES

Mac: /Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CC/Adobe Extension Manager CC.app/Contents/MacOS/ExManLog.YES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, as you are on Mac, you should right-click on the Extension Manager CC application itself in the directory (the one which is not expandable), and choose 'show package contents'. This will reveal the Contents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear K. Woods,

Thank you for the clarification as it wasn't too clear on the web site on how to find the location....at least not for me!

I've now sent through a log report via maildrop that hopefully will be picked up.

As an aside I have managed to install the add on 'TK Actions V4' via http://zxpinstaller.com/ that is now working perfectly via Extensions inside PS CC15 but of course this isn't as it should be. I'll be interested to keep track of any progress.

Kind regards,

Mike Daines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys: in the new versions of adobe cc is not neccesary to install Extension Manager.. So where should I place the "ExManLog.YES" in case we haven't installed the Extension Manager? thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have a answer to granvas' question?
First you tell us to uninstall extension manager, then you tell us to put the log file into its folder? That makes absolutely no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  what Shane said: You tell us to uninstall Extension Manager then you tell us to install  ExManLog.YES

into the same Extension Manager!?

I may try installing it into the Adobe Creative Cloud App and see what happens........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..so I ran the log through the Creative Cloud Ap in the Utilities folder Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud / Creative Cloud/ Contents / MacOS

and emailed to adobe support. We will see if they respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support responded with this auto reply - referring me to a document I have already referenced.  I will email them again.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

AUTO REPLY FROM ADOBE EXCHANGE SUPPORT:

" Please refer to the following resource which will answer your query: https://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/19

Important: If you do NOT find the answer to your query in the Troubleshoot Guide above, please email us a second time to make us aware of this, otherwise we will assume the case is closed.

Please note that replies can take up to 10 working days. Please do not chase a response during this time as this will push your query to the top of the queue again and we respond in date order from the oldest to newest.  "

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance we can get clearer step-by-step instructions from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been trying to install add-ons and nothing works. I started the process mentioned above, but when trying to add the 'ExManLog.Yes' I can't because I don't have this path structure as I'm now on CC 2017.

Any updates at all please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be anything to do with security or proxy server? Add-ons is the only thing I cannot get installed, and the proxy has been a problem in the past when trying to install certain plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS X Sierra, my Creative Cloud and all apps are up to date (CC 2017).

Creative Cloud is not able to install any of the add-ons I acquire. I have rebooted several times, uninstalled and reinstalled applications, removed and reinstalled the add-ons several times, logged out of Creative Cloud, quit and restarted Creative Cloud, and still there is no activity related to add-ons whatsoever.

I have followed the instructions here by K.Woods (last updated a year ago). I've already sent my logs in.

I can install applications and fonts, my files are all syncing. I even got a cute little message from Adobe about Premiere Pro in my Activity Stream...it's just the Add-ons that refuse to install.

It's extremely frustrating. Adobe? Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!
Also in a Mac OS X Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing same issue on windows.

I'm not using any adobe extension manager,then how to get logs using 'ExManLog.Yes' and where to place this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Could you guys please confirm if you are trying to place 'ExManLog.Yes' file as you are facing issue during the installation of the add-on. If it is so, try to run below troubleshooting steps:

Step1:

•             Open your Product, go to ‘Help’>’Sign Out’ and then Sign In again using your id.

•             Quit your Product

Step2:

•             Launch https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons, log out and log in again using your id.

•             Then click on ‘Remove’, then ‘Install’. Please wait a few moments, then check the ‘Activity Stream' in the CC Desktop App, and confirm if it states that installation was successful, or failed?

•             If nothing happens or if it fails then either contact us at asupport@adobe.com or continue to troubleshoot.

•             Click on your add-on, which is acquired

•             Go to ‘Where to find it’ section

•             Expand “Download / Install your Add-on another way” link

•             Click on “Download using Extension Manager >” link, you will be navigated to a page where download option will appear

•             Download your add-on, it will be downloaded in ZXP format

Step3:

•             http://install.anastasiy.com/ go to this extension manager to install or

•             Follow the link in order to install your ZXP file for your add-on by using ExMan Cmd Line Tool: https://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/28

•             Most of the steps you have already done in step2, so it would be easier for you to follow the link.

Please let us know if you face any problem in any of the above and contact us at asupport@adobe.com

Regards,

Adobe Exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey AnkMaan,

I tried everything mentioned here on this article (and 50 other things) but I can not get the Adobe add-on to work and install my extension on my InDesign. A couple of inputs about the extension I am developing:

> The extension is not published yet (for obvious reasons, I want to distribute it within my team for testing first).

> The extension is signed with a .p12 certificate bought from Thawte and is valid till Jan 2019 (i.e., for another year) but when I upload the extension on add-on website, I get the warning "Ensure your zxp has been signed with a certificate which will not expire in the next 8 years, or add a timestamp to your signature". Could this be a problem? Like I mentioned my certificate is valid for only 1 year and when I add timestamp "https://timestamp.geotrust.com/tsa " the signing command using ZXPSignCMD command, it fails without any error message. Should I use another timestamp?

> Adobe Command Line Tools don't work for my clients. There is no error message. Their workflow mandates for them to have multiple versions of the InDesign. Could that be a problem for Command Line Tools not working?

This has been a nightmare for us as our production cycle is stalled indefinitely with no visibility of solution. Please guide with the troubleshoot steps or reason for problems. Another important question.. Is Adobe planning to stop supporting Command Line Tools and gear all users to using Add-on website in near future or plans to keep supporting both is on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines