• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

addons not installing for CC 2015?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across others with this problem.

I am using Windows 7 Pro and have Creative Cloud Desktop Manager installed and a paid up sub. to all CC2015 programs in the CC2015 suite.

I have CCDM running with sync turned on in preferences.

I go to Creative addons for plugin/extensions https://creative.adobe.com/addons/.

I choose my addon, I do everything according to the book. The addon manager tels me I have acquired the plugin/extension

NOTHING happens inside Creative Cloud, no activity stream. The downloaded plugins do not show up in the programs they are destined for!!

I went online to Adobe Help. For about 1.5 hours they could not solve the problem. It has been escalated.

Others with the same problem are reporting Adobe Help is no help on this one.

I have rebooted, exited CC, re-entered, tested  number of free installs (so I don't purchase something that won't load) removed them, reinstalled them . Nothing doing anything.

anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Fixed it by signing-out of Creative Cloud, restarting and opening Photoshop CC 2015 and signing-in from there. Add-ons installed a few seconds after.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Moving to Add-Ons" is the answer?  That would actually seem to be the problem.  How is it the answer?

I have had several people write me that they can get NO add-ons to install directly from the Add-Ons website.  Generally Mac users, but a few Windows folks too.

These people usually need to reinstall CC 2014 and then install the add-on through Extension Manager, which still works for CC 2014.  Unfortunately, this negates one of the Add-Ons advantages, namely that the producer can upload updates or bug-fixes directly to Add-Ons and then Add-Ons automatically installs them on the end-users' systems. 

On another thread K. Woods provided information on submitting error logs if Add-Ons installation fails.  It's a bit hard to follow so I created a webpage with more distinct directions for Mac and  Windows:  http://www.goodlight.us/writing/error-logs/error-logs.html

Adobe claims they cannot replicate the Add-Ons problems users are experiencing.  So error logs might be the only thing that can help Adobe figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow-up for the CC 2015 installation problems, for a slightly simpler method of generating log files, we have created a log collector tool. Please see the updated instructions to users here: Add-ons installation problems and lack of activity in the CC app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been present for ages now and has not been fixed by Adobe. I've tried every single option for resolving 'missing' downloads, you name it I've done it and yet nothing works. I've paid for a Muse Widget and the transaction went through fine, Adobe and the third party have my money - but I do not have my product. So now my work is at a complete stand still.

Something else that I find seriously frustrating given Adobe has forced it's customers into the cloud, is that they do not provide 24 / 7 support. For professional designers, when something does not work (or rather, when Adobe's cloud software does not function as it is advertised) we are left completely in the dark to google our way though the mess of endless repeat questions.

I don't find this acceptable at all, given what the software costs. Adobe must be a multi million dollar business now, yet I still have to resort to community chat forums like this to solve urgent problems with their software, or else send emails that take days to get a response.

Adobe, please get your act together and at the very least provide paying customers with around the clock support. Even my web host provides this!

Not a happy bunny at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. Update with the same stupid issue. Have just spent hours upon hours with Adobe trying to install the TKaction panel into Adobe Cloud 2016/2016. Cannot believe the ineptitude of Adobe. Still stuck no solutions, waiting for a call back from Adobe. Bob Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been emailing who wrote:  "Have just spent hours upon hours with Adobe trying to install the TKaction panel into Adobe Cloud 2016/2016."

It turns out that he actually got caught up in Adobe's switch from Flash panels to HTML5 panels with the release of CC 2014.  Bob has the CS6 version of the TKActions V4 panel and was trying to install that into CC 2015, which is never going to work since CS6 panels are completely incompatible with CC 2015 products.  The term "add-ons" had been interpreted somewhat generically by him to be all extension panels, not something specifically purchased from the "Add-ons" website.  Completely understandable, though it took me a bit to figure out why even ZXP Installer wouldn't work for his panel.  I'm at the point that even when Adobe tech support can't get people's panels to install, I have enough workarounds to get it working . . . though Bob's case puzzled me more than most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addons are not syncing/downloading to our team computers. Why is this not being fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I am on Mac Adobe CC2015 and this add on I am trying to get is for Indesign. Can only 'acquire' add-ons at the moment and my company has bought into a big money solution which will make catalogue production easier using a InRiver Print Plug-In. But at the moment I can only sit and cry due to it not even being downloaded onto my computer. Adobe Forum as you mentioned only say no to helping, and that´s laughable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this situation has gone unresolved for long enough now. Adobe are very quick to take your money, yet seem unable to keep their software and add-ons running. I have a team of 12 freelance editors working on content for a Sky TV channel that I control, all but 2 of them use the CC2015 suite and all of them have various issues that have gone unanswered by Adobe.

This forum (and the adobe support sites generally) are filled with out of date information, broken links and generally unhelpful information. We are NOT software developers, nor do we wish to be. Hours of uninstalling and reinstalling broken software is costly to professional users and is wholly unacceptable from a company the size of Adobe.

I am putting together a half hour 'expose' style program to air on my channel and would be most interested in hearing from users who, like us, are tired of the lack of service from a company that purports to be 'high end'.

If you have an issue you would like us to consider for inclusion, you can email me direct at glenn.rogers@ogrmedia.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Glenn,

I have just read through your post and some of the posts from other users on this matter.

The problem in diagnosing and pinpointing exactly what is going on here is tricky because it is not happening across the board. This problem is only affecting a small minority of Add-ons users. Therefore there is not one obvious solution which we can roll-out as a fix. We therefore have to investigate each user's problem on a case-by-case basis. We really do need specific information from the users affected in order to diagnose what's going wrong.

When we investigated user log files in the past, it was not one problem for each user, and we found that many users still had Extension Manager installed on their computer even although it is E-O-L'd, and we have asked all users to remove this as it does cause the problems described in these posts.

I had created a forum post at this link to help users with this issue. It requires them to send us their log files, and we in turn will read into them and then hopefully get to the bottom of the problem for each of the affected users, one by one.

Meantime we regret that this problem is occurring for users, and with the help of the users affected in sending us the logs, we will do our best to assist.

Regards,

Krystal

P.S. Please note that Add-ons is a separate additional service provided free to CS6 and CC users, irrespective of their CC membership. It has no impact on the pricing structure of memberships to Creative Cloud service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect Krystal, the issue here is that paying customers seem to be being used as 'testers'. I recently added an audio player add on for Muse which did not require this protracted 'sync' scenario, I simply downloaded the .muslib file and executed it - no issues and a working feature. Then after shelling out £40 on paid add ons, discover the process is different. Everywhere you look on your forum, and the web in general, there are hundreds of people having these un-resolved issues and, frankly, just one is one too many for a company the size of Adobe. There is clearly a benefit to Adobe to offer these add ons, the very least you can do is to create distributable muslib versions of these products until a solution is found (please lets not pretend this is a 'rare case scenario') or suspend the service altogether.

Trying to resolve this has cost me many hours of valuable production time and now I have a further issue in that CCDA won't re-install. I appreciate that this is not your fault personally, but as the voice of Adobe in this forum perhaps you need to bounce this back up the chain and remind the faceless powers that be that it is not the customers job to act as fault finders. We've paid for your software and the add ons that are advertised and sold through your site, that's our end of the bargain taken care of. Your (Adobe's) role is to make damn sure those tools work. In a professional environment 2 days is too long to wait for an answer yet there are unanswered posts on here that go back over a year.

At this point I should be getting offered a refund for the add ons I bought, but of course Adobe will say 'we don't sell them, they're 3rd party add ons', but it's your unnecessarily protracted install methods that are preventing their use and the add on section of my account offers no re-course or refund policies.

In the last 2 hours I have had emails from over 40 disgruntled users (many more than have posted on the forum, yet are clearly reading it) I expect that number will rise dramatically over night. It's time to find a simple and effective fix for this, and the other ongoing problems that so many users seem to be experiencing.

I am a huge fan of the Adobe suite, but it's beginning to feel like you've been taken over by 'just out of college' software developers who don't have sight of the fact that the vast majority of your end users are business people who don't have time to help sort out the bugs.

My own issue isn't the fact that I've paid for features I'm not getting (lets be honest, £40 is peanuts really) but there is an over riding matter of principle here, customer service should be paramount, and it seems not to be where Adobe is concerned.

Glenn Rogers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hats off to MuseTemplatesPro for stunningly fast customer service. They solved my own issue by simply sending me the .mulib file direct. Double clicked it - job done.  3 days of lost production faffing about with uninstalling, reinstalling, running log programs that do not work unless to have a degree in nuclear physics and the problem was solved in half an hour by an attentive and conscientious software developer. Why didn't Adobe think of that????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any way you can share that file that fixes your issue - we are having the same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, I think you misunderstood. The file is a muse template file, nothing related to fixing this issue. The producer sent the user the file directly as opposed to having to install it through add-ons.

Meantime, for anyone experiencing this issue...please ensure that you downloaded your copy of the Creative Cloud desktop from this page and form nowhere else, e.g. an email link or a partner program link. Other versions do not contain the Exchange Plugins that the official public release version contains.

If you cannot recall exactly where you obtained your copy of the CC app, I would recommend:

a. Uninstalling your Creative Cloud Desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.htmlb. Install the official public release version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/creative-cloud

If you have the correct version of Creative Cloud installed, you will have a log file in these locations:

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log
Win: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have same issue with installing addons for

Creative Cloud : 3.7.0.272

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3 Trial

MacOS version is 10.9.5

The addon I tried to install is Domo App Design Studio

My ExManCoreLibrary.log has following entries whenever I tried Remove/Install.

[Error] Thu Jun 23 06:15:58.794 2016 (ExtensionManager.cpp, 3016) -CExtensionManager::getFailedExtension failed, status = -506!

[Error] Thu Jun 23 06:15:58.798 2016 (ExManCoreLib.cpp, 394) -ExManGetFailedExtensionFromDB failed, status = -1!

By the way, I have tried all above tips and none works.

Any help?

Thanks!

Yong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yongq85751906,​

My name is Pablo and I work for Domo. Adobe recently updated Creative Cloud versions of their Apps. with Illustrator being one of those updates.  Design Studio is not compatible with the latest release.  We have a fix that is awaiting Adobe approval and I will update once that happens.

Thanks,

Pablo Arcia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo,

Any updates on this issue.  I just tried installing the Domo Design Studio add-on and I'm having issues with it as well.  Thanks.

Marlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marloo36190178​

We have published a new version that is compatible with CC2015 and CC2017. You should not have any problems trying to access the Design Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to add my two cents worth.

I have had the same problem with add-ons not being installed for about twelve months. I have had email conversations with tech support who suggested I try various things and none worked so I gave up in disgust. Today on a whim, I trawled the forums again for an answer and came up with the fact that extension manager had to be removed, which I had previously trashed (I'm on a MacBookPro with latest CC Desktop App) and did a search in my Applications folder for any hidden traces of extension manager. Long story made short, I found hidden away in a sub, sub , sub folder 'ExtensionManager.js' and 'ExtensionManager.htm'. I trashed them, rebooted and opened the CC Desktop App and lo and behold the add-ons I had selected almost a year ago came flooding in.

Give it a try.

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul-- Mac definitely has more problems than Windows, so your finding might be useful to others.  Do you know the path to 'ExtensionManager.js' and 'ExtensionManager.htm'?  Or maybe someone from Adobe staff could also answer where these errant files might be located.  My experience is that this problem has still not been solved for many other people so this is certainly worth passing along.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like everyone else, I'm having the same problem.  Latest Lightroom CC, latest macOS Sierra, and a 2014 iMac Retina.  I bought "Full Screen Diaporama" awhile back and never got it to install.  I'd forgotten about it, and today I bought "Base Gallery" from redrex plugins.  Even though I get the popup that says both add ons were installed, I don't see the add ons in Lightroom or the OS (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Galleries/).  What am I doing wrong?  Why is there no manual download for add ons?  I've tried all the troubleshooting pages (out of date) and read all the posts in this thread.  I've signed in/out of Adobe cloud in Lightroom.  Nothing works.  I finally gave up and emailed Adobe support, which I assume won't do me any good, and the developer, which I have hopes for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat.  I have a simple plug-in, installed correctly, everything up-to-date, but it suddenly stopped working.  I am no expert, just a casual user, so it is all but impossible for me to get this working.  Every page of support I can find from Adobe is for pre-Creative Cloud versions of inDesign.  How long have we been on CC now?  They still haven't got around to updating their support?  Thats downright incredible for such a large company as Adobe.  Extension Managers may or may not be the cause of, or the solution to, my problem.  Everything they tell me to click on, doesn't exist in CC2017.  I don't know if Plug-Ins and Add-ons are the same thing, or different.  I'm amazed that issues go years on the forums without any solutions from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines