• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot contact the chosen TSA while trying to create ZXP

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to package my ZXP using Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.5.

I've always been able to successfully create the ZXP with the command:

./ZXPSignCmd -sign project-folder/ ProjectName.zxp certificate.p12 password -tsa https://timestamp.geotrust.com/tsa

However, for the last few days I've been getting this error:

Error - cannot contact the chosen TSA. Please make sure the URL is valid and that you are connected to the internet.

When I ping timestamp.geotrust.com I get timeouts. Is geotrust down, or am I doing something wrong? I've tried Googling this, and am yet to find a thread about it that came to a resolution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Hi Dan,

Sorry I don't know of other providers but I would suggest you think about not using a TSA, it might make things simpler. In a perfect world I would love to get away from the need for certificates and consider something else like an API key. It's something we are looking into.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also before anyone asks, yes I am connected to the internet, as evident by me being able to post this thread .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

I heard from other developers that the timeserver you mentioned seems to be down. You may want to consider using a self signed certificate, the downside is that it won't last as long but it would let you test it. The other option would be to consider a different TSA provider.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jonathan.

I believe I already am using a self-signed certificate (I created one using ZXPSignCmd), and that's what I've always done. I guess I can try a different tsa provider, but I thought that Adobe Exchange had issues with other providers other than geotrust (at least that what it seemed like when I tried Googling this issue). Do you know of any providers that may work?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Sorry I don't know of other providers but I would suggest you think about not using a TSA, it might make things simpler. In a perfect world I would love to get away from the need for certificates and consider something else like an API key. It's something we are looking into.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it works without the tsa, but I thought that time-stamping was required for distributing the extension on Adobe Exchange. Is that not the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No a TSA is not required. It's main benefit is that it should last a really ling time but that's assuming the TSA does not go down!

You can create a cert using the tool you mentioned, or the Exchange Packager app, Configurator or elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Symantec has dropped support for the Legacy timestamp service as explained in the following post: https://knowledge.symantec.com/support/partner/index?page=content&id=NEWS10071&viewlocale=en_US

I changed the timestamp service to http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp

and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the TSA suggested by mikig2 I get the following message:

Error - the timestamp returned from the chosen TSA could not be verified, so the ZXP created is likely to be rejected by other tools. Please recreate your ZXP with a different trusted TSA.

But using the the following URL, that I found on a page where mikig's URL was also mentioned, I got the message "signed successfully", and the extension worked on my client's computer:

http://sha1timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha1/timestamp

SHA-1 and SHA-256 seems to be the difference, and for me the SHA-256 link did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm getting the "the timestamp returned from the chosen TSA could not be verified" on the mac.

i've tried every version of zxpsigncmd with every url for a tsa i could find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines