• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP/CEF Extension Frame Rate on Mac

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is related to CEP Panel extensions. I noticed the frame rate of the extension panel seems to be capped at 30fps (on Mac). Was wondering if this is a limitation coming from how Adobe utilizes CEF?

I guess the frame rate is controlled by how often CefDoMessageLoopWork() is called. From the extension panel, we can’t really control this. I do know we have the CEF command line switches (List of Chromium Command Line Switches) exposed to us, and we can include them in the Manifest file, but this doesn’t seem to help much. The only one that seems to affect the refresh rate is –disable-frame-rate-limit, but this results in an uncapped frame rate and a choppy / inconsistent UI.

Anyone know if 30fps is a cap imposed by the CEP extension environment?

TOPICS
CEP , Developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue can use some love. I have also brought it up on GitHub but no response yet: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/issues/467

Ultimately CEP will be phased out, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen in one day or anytime soon. Fixing this issue also has the potential to make After-Effects feel faster overall for existing mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines