Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using service workers in extension panels

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can service workers be used in HTML extension panel? I want to do some background fetches from the panel. services workers seems to be an ideal choice. Wondering if it is supported and if anyone used it successfully?

Thanks

Anand

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand

I've not used service workers but I can't see why they wouldn't work on the extensions which are chromium based.

See Adding a Service Worker and Offline into your Web App  |  Web Fundamentals       |  Google Developer...

Maybe it will help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for the link. I did look into some articles on using service workers. I was just wondering if anyone managed to use it inside a panel.

I will try it.

Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to use Service Workers, yes. Very likely you can use them in CEP 6+ hosts. This is because CEP 6 is based on Chromium 41 (Chrome 41), which had partial support. CEP 8 saw the CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) version bump to 57 which has full support. See this page for the overview and this one for a more granular view of API compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines