• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anastasiy’s Extension Manager??

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried Anastasiys Extension Manager, Adobe exchange and any other way I can find to install an Adobe extension (remove,bg). I havd had no issues on my desktop or other systems. This installer says that I have no Adobe products installed, well, taht's just not the case.

The issue is, I cannot get it to install on my laptop. I have uninstalled all Adobe software, cleaned the registry and reinstalled it; I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension managers; Downloaded new versions, check and updaed all software...

I still cannot get this supid extension installed.................

I've tried tech support for the installer, and of course there is no support, except for here, for the Adobe producs.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Hello! I had this very same problem and it took me ages to figure out but I think I finally cracked it. The solution for me was to open up the Creative Cloud app and uninstall ExtendScript Toolkit CC and Extension Manager. Those apps are outdated and no longer supported by Adobe but I had them on my machine from previous years. After that all of the proper products showed up in Anastasiy's Extension Manager and I was able to install extensions again. Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had removed Adobe products, Your system doesn't have the extensions directory and the manager can not find appropriately place to install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I had omitted that I had reinstalled everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if Anastasiy is still being supported.  It stopped working for me a long time ago.

I switched to the free EXMan from DMX Zone.  This works with all extensions I've tried. 

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancy, not even that program detects the Adobe software. I'm gettin gteh message taht "No Supported Application Detected"...
AAARRRGGGHHH........................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain, ive been arguing with those ppl for a week now. Everything they tell me to do doesnt work i asked them to call me since they are only 20 mins away and no call yet. Just a emailed that kinda pissed me off I feel there is no more support for this software i would never reccomend this software to anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raiderdre, I just wanted to let you know that I posted a possible solution in the main thread. Hope you got this resolved by now but if not give that a go. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Which software and version?

Does your computer user profile have full administrative level permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the only account on my Windows 10 machine. I have full Admin rights.

I have Photoshop CC 2019, LR, BR, etc. all installed.

Everything as the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you. like me, give up?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to extreme high winds and fires here, our power & Internet have been intermittent.  I can only reply when I am online.

On Win 10 1903 update, no trouble with ExMan from DMX Zone.    So I'm going to guess there's a problem at your end with anti-virus or firewall settings.   You might try booting up in Safe Mode, right click the ExMan icon and select run as administrator.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I saw that PS 2020 has a "Remove Background" button...

That said, sorry to hear about your Exchange troubles. Now that it's after Adobe MAX you might try again, there have been some updates. I also have a more complicated solution if you're still interested in trying.

I'd also be interested in knowing:

1. Do you have Creative Cloud apps installed in their default location, or elsewhere on your machine? (Like a custom install path on an unusual volume?)

2. Do you have an individual license, or do you log into Creative Cloud using a company, school, or Teams account?

3. Please share a link to the extension you were trying to install.

Finally I'll add that Anastasiy's is a third party product, but it's certainly still supported (by Anastasiy himself). I was chatting with Anastasiy yesterday...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well obviuosly, no one reads previuos comments.

THIS ISSUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANASTASIY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue is, no matter which extension managare I try, they're "Not finding any Adobe" product.

1.) Yes, they are all in the default install location;
2.) I have an individual license;

3.) https://www.remove.bg/tools-api

So, again, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EXTENSION!!!! It has worked flawlessly on my desktop, and on other systems. It's only my laptop that I'm having the issue. Had you read my previuos replies you would've seen that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, these forums are pretty new, and I thought I did read all the previous comments. 😨

> To check list of supported Creative Cloud app versions installed to the machine, you can use ExManCmd “list all” command

See if the applications are all listed as expected.

Here are some more steps from an internal document:

Get support for Extension Installation problems

If you still face problems installing or accessing your extension, you can write to us at asupport@adobe.com with the following log files:

1. To share EMCL.log and ACC.log
  • First create ExManCoreLibLog.YES(with .YES file extension, not.txt) empty file inside the location:
    • Win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log\
    • Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log/
  • Now, Relaunch the Creative Cloud.
  • Reproduce the scenario
  • Run the log Collector tool and share the generated logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Remarks removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Remarks removed by moderator and discussion locked.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anastasy's Extension Manager seems not to work correctly.
Are you already try to troubleshooting in Adobe Exchange?
In some cases, can recovery uninstall the extension and reinstall it before sync your Creative Cloud.
However, Here is another solution that perfect manual way.

1. Download zxp installer file.
2. Extract downloaded installer and you will get an extension projects folder.
3. Move it to appropriately place.
    Win: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEP/extensions
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions
4. Restart your applications.

You can use the below script in InDesign when you want to extract your zxp installer file.

* The only InDesign has the ability to unpackage zxp file.

(function(){
var f = File.openDialog("Please select your zxp installer file.");
f.fsName.match(/(.+?)(\.zxp)/);
var fdr = new Folder(RegExp.$1);
if (!fdr.exists) fdr.create();
else return;
app.unpackageUCF(f, fdr);
})();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I had this very same problem and it took me ages to figure out but I think I finally cracked it. The solution for me was to open up the Creative Cloud app and uninstall ExtendScript Toolkit CC and Extension Manager. Those apps are outdated and no longer supported by Adobe but I had them on my machine from previous years. After that all of the proper products showed up in Anastasiy's Extension Manager and I was able to install extensions again. Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines