Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error related to SSL/TLS version

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created HTML5 extension for InDesign CC 2017 and CC 2018.

The extension makes GET request to communicate with the server and get the required data.

a. In case of CC 2017, GET request fails with ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH.

b. In case of CC 2018, works fine.

I looked further into this and my findings are,

- HTML5 extensions are hosted in embedded version of Chromium (Google Chrome).

- CC 2017 uses Chrome version 41. Chrome 41 supports TLS version 1.2 (and previous versions).

- CC 2018 uses Chrome version 57. Chrome 57 supports TLS version 1.3 (and previous versions).

The server that the extension connects to supports TLS 1.2, therefore Chrome 41 (CC 2017) should work fine. Do I need to make any change for CC 2017? Please advise.

Regards,

Narayan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is InDesign user forum, moving the post to more appropriate Extensions / Add-ons Development forum

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Narayan,

Sorry about the delayed response time.

Have you seen this Chrome compatibility chart in the documentation? It might be helpful.

Generally speaking, if this is a CEP problem or an InDesign problem, and it's fixed in the 2018 versions, usually there's not much you can do about the problems in 2017.

That said, I'll also ask the the teams about your issue.

Best,

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have seen the CEP/Chromium chart in the given link. CC 2017 uses Chrome version 41 (CEP 7.0) which supports TLS version 1.2 (and previous versions).

I looked further into this by downloading the CEF client and testing the web service. And get the same error.

Regards,

Narayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines