Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXMAN_FAILED_UPDATE_DATABASE error

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've met a problem what my extention was rejected by adobe with error -509 EXMAN_FAILED_UPDATE_DATABASE

Does somebody know what it a reason of this error and how to win it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maxim3,

Do you mean that your extension was rejected from being listed on the Exchange? Or do you mean your extension will not install? Have you already tried contacting support?

Just checking!

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extention was rejected from the adobeexchange.com server. Of course, I appealed to tech support and they advised me to ask on the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maxim3,

For future reference, just in case, a JIRA bug has been filed internally about your issue: EXCH-4204964

If you don't hear from anyone for awhile, refer to the bug number in your email to support and ask about the status.

Best,

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, Erin

I hope to get an solution in end of ends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maxim,

Is your plugin "Engraver_AI" for Photoshop? Just checking.

The JIRA ticket was updated; The team has decided to tackle the problem after the ExManCmd core library 7.9 release, which will happen sometime after July 31st.

I will keep you updated! Sorry about the delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Erin

The EngraverAI is a plug-in for Photoshop (both Mac and Win).

Is ExManCmd library a part of AdobeExtention server? Why it is a reason what my plug-in cannot be uploaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maxim,

Now we're tracking your issue with this ticket: EXCH-4205143

I'm not sure about the Adobe Exchange server and it's relationship with ExManCmd, so I'm asking around.

Regards,

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this place I should ask: "What is ExManCmd?"

Initially, I'm trying to publish my zxp file on Adobe exchange server and I'm here because I've met an error "-509 EXMAN_FAILED_UPDATE_DATABASE". Probably ExMan is a some inner technical framework what participate in a process of zxp files publishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maxium,

Hopefully support has gotten in touch with you. They found a repeated line that was causing the failure:

One destination file which is being copied during plugin install is repeated. As a result when we try to save the file path and file map info in db, it fails.

As for "What is ExManCmd anyway?" it's complicated...

ExManCmd began life as a command line interface, to Extension Manager CC. ExManCmd is embedded within the Creative Cloud Desktop App, though is also available stand-alone.

Developers use ZXPSignCmd to package extensions: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/tree/master/ZXPSignCMD/4.0.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you were wondering, EXCH-4204964 was eventually closed as "Withdrawn".

Besides the repeated line in the manifest, apparently the "products" attribute in the manifest's "files" tag needs to be all lowercase, and because capitalizing "Products" was causing the .zxp to fail to install.

<files>

<file source="x32/EngraverAI.8bf" destination="$filters/AlphaPlugins" platform="win" Products="Photoshop32" />
    <file source="x32/inner_engine.dll" destination="$filters/AlphaPlugins/EngraverAI" platform="win" Products="Photoshop32" />
    <file source="x64/EngraverAI64.8bf" destination="$filters/AlphaPlugins" platform="win" Products="Photoshop64"  />

</files>

The support team said:

> Refer https://helpx.adobe.com/extension-manager/kb/general-mxi-elements.html for more info

However, although the mxi elements are defined, the helpx page doesn't mention this strict case sensitivity.

The errors in the log files were not helpful for finding these problems. I'll paste them below anyway, in case someone is searching for the same errors later:

07/02/19 13:45:04:143 | [ERROR] | | ExManCmd | EMCL | | | | 18076 | “saveInstalledFiles failed”:Abort due to constraint violation: Abort due to constraint violation
07/02/19 13:45:04:143 | [ERROR] | | ExManCmd | EMCL | | | | 18076 | CExtensionBase::updateDBOnInstall: saveInstalledFiles() failed for extId 31, status = -503!
07/02/19 13:45:04:144 | [ERROR] | | ExManCmd | EMCL | | | | 18076 | CExtensionBase::install: updateDBOnInstall() failed for extension “AlphaPlugins EngraverAI”, status is -509!
07/02/19 13:45:15:322 | [INFO] | | ExManCmd | EMCL | | | | 18076 | ExMan Analytics Sending data for addon AlphaPlugins EngraverAI
07/02/19 13:45:15:322 | [INFO] | | ExManCmd | EMCL | | | | 18076 | Installation for extension with file path = C:\Users******\Desktop\EngraverAI_1.0.0.zxp returned status code = -509

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Maxim.

This may be a really dumb question, but did you package your extension with the packager? ExManCMD is the extension packager and extension manager, and you need to properly package your extension before loading it into the Marketplace.

Getting-Started-guides/Package Distribute Install at master · Adobe-CEP/Getting-Started-guides · Git...

Also, be sure to time stamp the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remembered. I started to use ZXPSign for sing my package from this project. But because it was several weeks ago then I forgot this detail. Previously I many years used ucf.jar for packaging and signing my products and it worked fine. Adobe support team advised me to use ZXPSig begin from new project. They again contanted with me and advised to check a new their idea about possible reason of problem, I'll do it and try to upload new zxp again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines