Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extension resizing bug

People's Champ ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Working on an ID CC18 extension which is quite small. I want user to possibly resize panel horizontally but not vertically. So I just edited the manifest that way :

<Geometry>

<Size>

<Height>150</Height>

<Width>500</Width>

</Size>

<MinSize>

<Height>150</Height>

<Width>500</Width>

</MinSize>

<MaxSize>

<Height>150</Height>

<Width>900</Width>

</MaxSize>

</Geometry>

But then the panel is pretty erratic, any user interactions will make the panel crazy. Either it shrinks, or it expands out of any logic. Even moving the panel enlarges it.

Or after some opportunities to resize, the panel itself ends being not resizable at all.

I saw there are bugs warnings in 2017 but are those still around ?

I am going to see if I can force resize the panel but I have some doubts it will solve my issues.

TIA

Loic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Loic

I could be wrong but I think the problem occurs with HD screens on Windows.

I know an attempt to fix it was made you'll have to try it out on 2018 and 2019 to see if it got fixed.

If your are using those then the answer is no.

Did you try height 150, min height 149, max height 151?

Did you try <Parameter>--high-dpi-support=1</Parameter> in the <CEFCommandLine> structure?

Regards

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was a bug related to combo OS/ID Version.  I updated OS and the problem went away.

Thanks for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issues, Trevorׅ do you mean to say that the issue happens due the same dimension in max, min and normal size. Also i could not find any documentation --high-dpi-support=1 parameter. Loic.Aigon​ can you confirm which version of Windows and ID fixed this issue.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

As far as I can tell the bugs about this were closed for CEP 9, as opposed to CEP 8. Please check this version compatibility chart. Maybe updating the version numbering in your manifest would help?

If you try it in ID CC 2019 do you get the same issue? Feel free to post a screen recording.

Also let us know your version of Windows.

Thanks!

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ErinF,

I did some debugging and following are my observations

1. The type of my extension is Panel, if i keep the normal, max, min size as same so as to make it non resizable. The panel size is random and generally its too big not honouring the values given in the manifest.

2. If i change the value of normal and max by a random small number like height differing by 2px the panel starts behaving fine and the panel is sized correctly

3. Another bug i see is that even though the panel is sized correct, the debugger shows that the html inside it has width larger than the panel, this gets corrected once i minimize and then maximize the panel by clicking, or dock undock. Due to this my CSS behaves incorrectly. I am using Angular 6, not sure if its the culprit, but then everything works fine on a MAC

All the above happens only on a WIN machine where the screen resolution is high and hence the screen magnification is set to 150% as recommended by Win.

I am using the manifest version 6 but it makes not difference, neither using the CSXS version 9.0 does help

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Sorry you're still having this issue! I noticed you mentioned it in the Adobe Devs Slack as well.

Is there a way to disable Angular and see if the same issues occur? I'm not all that familiar with Angular, so I don't know how complicated that might be.

I'm also unsure if there's a way to detect the user's screen size or OS and use a try/catch to get around the problem.

Keep us up to date!

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Loic.Aigon or @Manan Joshi did you ever get this resolved? I'm experiencing something similar with CEP 9 on Windows 10, InDesign 2019 - the panel sizes to its maximum on startup every time, regardless of what size I set it to when I quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lawrence Horwitz,

Yes, I was able to fix the issue by changing the minsize and maxsize in the manifest. I have explained this here. I advised the same to another user and he verified the hack to be working for him as well, see the following discussion

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/html5-extension-panel-size/m-p/11835890

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@erinferinferinf this seems to be back in CEP 10 and InDesign 16.1. Haven't tested yet in 16.3 and CEP 11.  But if the zoom level in Windows is something greater than 100%, CEP panels will randomly resize on startup and need to be manually adjusted to their desired size.  Was this ever fixed?  I'm working in React, not Angular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lawrence Horwitz did you try the trick that worked for me. I doubt this will be solved as this has been lingering on since CC2018 onwards and now with the new kid on the block(UXP) the love for CEP will surely be on the wane. @erinferinferinf can enlighten us if something was taken up on this issue.

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried your trick of making sure the min, optimal, and max sizes all varied by at least 1 pixel, but not luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is only happening in InDesign, the best place to surface it is in the InDesign Developer prerelease group. If you're not in it, or you are listed as "pending" let me know your AdobeID email address via a direct message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines