• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANN: Fireworks is Gone!

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fireworks has been discontinued and is no longer available from your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/support-options-free-discontinued-apps-services.html#firewo...

• Subscription apps: Adobe provides installers for only our current apps and the previous major version of each. For more information, see Adobe software support guidelines.
  • Non-subscription apps: If your account is still active and you have purchased your app directly from Adobe or registered it, you may be able to download from your account.
  • Support resources: They may not be available for products that are out of their support periods. See Products and technical support periods.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. I checked and when I turn on older apps in my preferences, Fireworks still pops up in the list of installable apps.

I do not have Fireworks installed via the CC app.

So is it truly discontinued or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newly installed CC Desktop app only supports current Creative Cloud products + one previous version back.

If you have a previously installed older version on your machine, you should still be able to access it.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There has been no change in the availability status of Fireworks.

As before, Fireworks CS6 remains available through the Creative Cloud Desktop App provided that "Show Older Apps" is turned on (in Preferences > Apps > Settings):

show-older-apps.png

Adobe's statement that "Fireworks has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase or support" has been true for some time. Fireworks CS6 was officially "end-of-life" around a decade ago.

Here is a current screenshot from Windows 11, where Fireworks is still available for customer download along with other discontinued apps like Muse, Prelude, and Flash Builder:

fireworks cs6.png

Typically, an "All Apps" subscription is required to access these older tools. Note there is no support offered from Adobe, nor any guarantee that these apps will install or work properly on newer systems.

However, Fireworks did successfully download, install, and run this morning. It may come up as a 30-day trial, but your valid CC subscription license will be recognized after following these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see Fireworks as available on Windows machines that don't have it installed.

Like this Windows 10 laptop with the latest Adobe Creative Cloud Application 6.3.0.207

Someone from Adobe like Jeff Wright would be a good person to ask.

Screenshot-(27).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Desktop App 6.3.0.207

Windows 10, v 22H2

Did you attempt to install FW?

Did you succeed?

Were you able to launch it?

When I tried, I had to abort installation due to a conflict with other critical apps I use.  🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Jeff, Fireworks is listed in the CC app. But last time I attempted the installation I encountered the known hurdles, and I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

So I use a 'portable' version instead to convert the odd FW file now and then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

07/29 The fireworks are not over! You can still download it from the old Adobe CC applications tab, and do the procedure below to activate it, which is now activated again without needing a serial, Fireworkws will never die, 4EVER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

07/29 The fireworks are not over!

By @NaviDsg

===========

To avoid the risk of giving users false hope, I must defer to Adobe's official documentation which states that "Fireworks is discontinued and no longer available."

That said, your mileage may vary depending on which apps & versions you have installed previously. Owing to its advanced age, Fireworks may or may not work for you. Adjust your expectations accordingly. 😙

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines