• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open .ai illustrator files in CS6

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having problems opening several illustrator files, and pasting a vector from illustrator CS6 to fireworks CS6.

If I try to open an .ai file that I normally would open just fine in fireworks CS5.x I get an error that says:

"

Could not open the file.

An internal error occured

"

If i try to copy in Illustrator CS6, then paste to fireworks nothing happens.

This is occuring with multiple files, that are small in size, even selecting simple vectors and pasting is not working.

I tried creating a new file in Illustrator, pasting the shape from the other file, saving it, then working with that file in Fireworks, still does not work.

I tried rebooting.

12.0.0.236 , windows 7 ultimate x64, i7, ssd, etc..

Thanks,

Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Fireworks CS4 and the CS5 Design package prior to upgrading to CC so CS6 is actually new software to me. It's crazy that they would include it with CC while other applications in CC do not support it.

And not to beat a dead horse, but Adobe Typekit is the worst thing ever. I have failed to meet or talk to anyone who sees it as an improvement. I never had trouble managing my fonts until Adobe stepped in to try to organize it for me and then try to sell me fonts I already have.

Last but not least, stop trying to install McAfee security every time I update adobe acrobat. Makes adobe a cheap whore. Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those trying to copy from Illustrator and paste into Fireworks:

If you want to copy objects from Adobe Illustrator to Fireworks, change the color format from CMYK to RGB. Fireworks supports only the RGB color format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines