• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening Fireworks

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the all apps subscription and it shows Fireworks, but when I try to open it there is an error in the Sign In "For security reasons your access was temporarily disabled"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating syatem are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all try right clicking the FW shortcut icon and runs as administrator, if that does not work do the following:

1) Unistall Fireworks
2) Rename PDApp folder to PDAppBK, path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp
3) Download offline Fireworks installer from here  important that you visit this adobe link first and sign in before trying to download

4) Install Fireworks with the offline installer
5) Turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all try right clicking the FW shortcut icon and runs as administrator, if that does not work do the following:

1) Unistall Fireworks
2) Rename PDApp folder to PDAppBK, path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp
3) Download offline Fireworks installer from here  important that you visit this adobe link first and sign in before trying to download

4) Install Fireworks with the offline installer
5) Turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app.

By @Paul-M

This doesn't work. The offline installer will create a PDApp on the fly as soon it ends extracting files and is about to start the install, and asks for a Trial (which will require the same login) or "I have a Serial".

There's no solution for this issue besides waiting until the system unlocks you, which I have no idea how many hours it takes, as I'm still locked out after 2 hours.

Adobe support has no idea how to solve this, once I explain the issue and show the screenshots they ask for a moment and END THE CHAT, to a point that after the 4th try I just gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go ahead and install as trial? Follow the below exactly, I have done it severasl times on Windows 10 and Windows 11 and it has worked for me, I'm assuming you have a full or student/teacher Creative Cloud subscription?

This is a Windows solution :

1) Download the Adobe Creative Clouder Cleaner Tool from here

2) Remove Fireworks by running the cleaner tool (run as administrator) => select language => agree to terms type'Y' => select 1. All => 2. Adobe Fireworks CS6

3) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\ and rename or delete the folder 'PDApp'

4) Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ and rename or delete the folder 'CS6ServiceManager'

5) Now open the Creative Cloud app and turn off automatic updates; click your profile icon (top right) => Preferences => Apps => make sure Auto-update is off (if you leave Auto-update on, Fireworks will be updated, and you'll most likely end up with the same issue again).

6) Reboot your system for good measure

7) Download this offline Fireworks installer that I saved  unzip it and install Fireworks **NOTE** Choose 'Try' when presented with options, you may additionally be asked to sign in with your Adobe credentials.

8) When you launch Fireworks for the first time, you may be prompted to sign in with your Adobe credentials, if you then see a button 'license this software' click it, and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also has nothing to do with this specific error / scenario.

Not every single issue is the same, you guys "experts" keep posting the same replies everywhere not paying attention to the other details being mentioned and asking people to waste time on steps that will not help them in any way.

The issue posted by the OP is NOT with install, is NOT with a generic error, is NOT regarding trial expiring or asking a serial.

My reply below is the solution for anyone that comes here with the specific issue of "For security reasons your access was temporarily disabled"

You just need to wait. You might need to re-install Fireworks CS6, you DON'T need to do any offline install, the install via Adobe CC works fine (assuming you have a valid subscription and access to the old / legacy apps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution for the serial number no longer works - when you are prompted to sign in at the serial # screen you will be put in an endless sign-in loop and it does not end. Still looking for a solution where Fireworks CS6 is asking for a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is a different scenario.

Is your license of FW6 from the serial era, or is it comming from an Adobe CC subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this unbelieavable issue yesterday.
Adobe CC subscription owner since years, never had any issues using Fireworks.
I rarely use it nowadays, but for legacy files that have layered Fireworks layers, it is needed.

Never had to provide any license code (which I obviously do not own).
Now I get the "trial" popup and if I try to "License this software" and then "Login" I end up in an endless loop where it asks me for a license code.

Adobe support absolutely unable to provide any useful info or help.
Terrible experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe expert - please assist!  I updated my Windows PC today and now cannot open Fireworks.  Uninstalled.  Resinstalled.  Renamed / deleted those two recommended folders.  I downloaded your offline installer file Paul M - but I am stuck in the login.  It just stays on a login loop.  It accepts my credentials. But then kicks me back to sign in.  Please, someone tell me there is a workaround!  I need to get into Fireworks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what solved it for me on May 15th '24:

• In the CC app, click the hamburger menu
  • File > Preferences > App: Under "Settings" toggle on the "Show older apps" option
  • In the CC app, left column, click Apps
  • Scroll down until you find "More apps from Adobe", look for "Muse"
  • Install Muse, a license registration will eventually Start. You will notice that it's similar (not identical) to Fireworks'
  • Once the license activation succeed (it did for me, no license key requested), you might try to open Muse
  • In my case, it is crashing badly on startup
  • Regardless, try to open Fireworks now. For me, it is now activated, no more trial / license request

Worth noting: I have realized that I started to face license activation request on Fireworks, exactly one year after I installed CC (and FW) on my new computer. I guess that the issue will appear again in 2025.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thank you for the suggestion.  I tried installing Muse.  When I open the app, I get:

Adobe application manager required to start your trial missing or damaged. Please download a new copy of AAM from adobe.com/go/applicationmanager.

I do that.  It opens app manager.  I try again to open app.  It gives me same prompt.  

I also still can't open Fireworks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember having a problem with an installation on a project and having to use a virtual machine.  It might be worth a try with W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember having a problem with an installation on a project and having to use a virtual machine.  It might be worth a try with W10.

By @L e n a

That also has nothing to do with this specific error.

This happens when the user is asked to sign in and you type the password incorrectly too many times (4 or more), after all we usually don't need to type the Adobe Password ever as Adobe CC is always logged in.

Then you will get locked out for the legacy apps like Fireworks (doesn't affect your loggin on account and Adobe CC, only legacy)

And there isn't a solution as Adobe Support is crap and doesn't know what to do.

The ONLY solution is to wait.

Happened to me yesterday, had to way around 3 or 4 hours to unlockitself.

Then it will ask again the password and it works.

When you close and open the legacy app again, it will show the Trial message, then you should click on the button "License this Software", it will do some stuff on Adobe CC/Browser (might ask you for confirmation) and goes back to the Trial window saying it's now licensed, and that't it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed with the offline installer chosen the 'try' option?

After first launch of Fireworks did you login and click 'license this software' button?

I have done this exact process on more than a dozen machines and it worked everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the all apps subscription and it shows Fireworks, but when I try to open it there is an error in the Sign In "For security reasons your access was temporarily disabled"

By @elpasographics

THIS IS THE SOLUTION: You just need to wait.

(because contacting Adobe Support about this is pointeless, they don't know what to do)

To anyone that comes here with the specific issue of "For security reasons your access was temporarily disabled", save yourself some time and ignore the so called "experts" suggesting stuff below that has nothing to do with THIS specific error.

You are locked out of legacy apps authentication because you probably typed your password incorrectly 3 times (it will NOT lock you out of normal account login or Adobe CC login, this is the confusing part, it locks out only the legacy / old apps authentication)

It took me around 3 or 4 hours to unlock itself out. Then you just make sure you remember your password now and when authenticating again, it will not fail.

You might want to re-install Fireworks CS6, you DON'T need to do any offline install, the install via Adobe CC works fine (assuming you have a valid subscription and access to the old / legacy apps)

The first time after being unlocked, the login was automatically done by Adobe CC (I had it open/running) and Fireworks opened.

I closed it and reopened to test, then the Trial Message appeared saying it was 30 days remaining. At the bottom of this windows there's a button called License this Software - CLICK ON IT, and confirm/authenticate. Fireworks will open normally again, and for now on you will not have more issues neither trial messages happening.

Best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines