Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks CS4 Internal error when starting

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have upgraded to CS4 Web Premium yesterday. Everything seems to working fine except for Fireworks.

When trying to load it says 'Fireworks can not be started, internal error occurred' . This always happens on the splash screen at the point 'Initializing Tools'

I have tried re-installing, I have tried removed Application Data and renaming the Control Panels folder (read this somewhere as something to try) but nothing resolves the problem.

At the moment I have to revert to using Fireworks CS3 which continues to work without any problems.

Help!

Cheers

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My English is weak,
delete Uninstal QuickTime manual C: Program Files\quick time

next clener register system,  the use of the programme CCleaner
http://www.ccleaner.com/download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarthak,

You had the "golden touch" with providing us the link to the Fireworks patch.  I realize the installation of any piece of software is likely to result in a slightly different configuration of files (executables, drivers, etc.) on each computer onto which it is installed, but the Fireworks patch did the trick for me!  I read your posting this morning and downloaded the patch.  It was a quick install and Fireworks CS4 booted up on my first try.  Thanks a whole bunch. I wish I had found your post two weeks ago when I first installed the CS4 suite and encountered the Fireworks problem; i.e., every program in the suite booted fine except Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2009 Sep 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joe. Glad to help you out and ensuring Fireworks is up and running at your end.

Enjoy the designing times ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2009 Jun 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem has disappeared and I don't know how or why.

I have checked from time to time over the past months to see if Fireworks would load without any sucess.

A week ago I installed 38 handwriting fronts and later tried to load Firwworks and it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am none the wisier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having problems instaling Fireworks CS4. It installs with errors and then I can't run the application.... (I'm running Vista)

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on a brand new computer with only OfficeMac 2008 installed on it. This is obviously a bigger problem that Adobe is refusing to accept. I have spent a total of 4 days (2 hours each day) on the phone with them and nothing has fixed the problem. They obviously don't know what's going on either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually the second time its happened to me. The first was on

my PC which I replaced with the Mac thinking it was my

computer...obviously not.

This is tough for people that use FW daily. It makes contributing in

the forum difficult when I can't test issues.

Joyce J. Evans Erb

http://IdeaDesignWebsites.com

Our Ideas Make You Shine!

813-917-2116

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still suspecting it to be a problem related to fonts installed on the system. The patch tried to address this issue incase there is a corrupted font or unreadable font. However I feel that there are some exceptions to this and the patch is unable to handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I Have installed is iwork, MC

Joyce J. Evans Erb

http://IdeaDesignWebsites.com

Our Ideas Make You Shine!

813-917-2116

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After going through my Fonts folder (Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard), I tracked it down to two fonts:

Song.dfont
Seoul.dfont

Song caused an error on startup, and Seoul caused an error when I quit.  These are also the only two fonts with the "dfont" extension, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.  Fireworks is back to normal now, and I hope this helps solve the problem for other users too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... I had this problem show up suddenly about a week ago.  Stupidly, I thought I could

uninstall Fireworks, reinstall it and clear the problem.  Well, that sure didn't work.  I now cannot get the installer to run.  It says it's initiallizing, but never completes!  I'm totally lost.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not help.  Using the CS4Clean tool did.  I'm still back to the original problem

of the darn thing saying "internal error" as soon as it starts up.  I've used Fon

tmanager to remove all the corrupt fonts, and it still gives me the same error.  I'm lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey all - finally found the fix to this after trying everything else like deleting .xml file, removing fonts, uninstall script - I had to run the Update to Fireworks from Adobe found here (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/fireworks/updates/cs4/10_0_3/Fireworks_10_0_3_All_AdobeUpdate.zip) - simply extract and run the setup.exe and Fireworks finally opened!

Cheers,
Patrick

FoxHound Digital

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines