Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks won't open after cancelling Creative Cloud Subscription

New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe

I have a paid version of Adobe Fireworks.

Separately, I just cancelled my Creative Cloud monthly subscription which I no longer need for Photoshop etc. 

Now Creative Cloud says I don't have an active subscription (yes, I know that), but it won't let me open the Fireworks CS6 software I originally paid for.

I'm not impressed Adobe people!

Can anyone adcise how to solve this problem?

Can Fireworks be downloaded as my latest compter does not have a CD/DVD to install the old software again. 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached screenshot differs from what you write. If your issue is whether you can click "yes" in that dialog - then, yes, confirm. That will allow Fireworks to make changes on your machine's drive.

If your problem is that you need to reinstall Fireworks using your original installation media and your new machine doesn't come with a CD/DVD drive:

[1] purchase an external USB CD/DVD drive. Cost is around $30 nowadays.

[2] Or: search for adobe fireworks CS6 on the internet archive and download and install one of those (with the caveat that you probably want to check for malware first). https://archive.org/

The Internet Archive also hosts a portable version for Windows. Obviously not formally legal, but I use that one myself since I do own a licensed version of Fireworks CS6 and I rent Adobe CC. I just didn't want to deal with the endless installation issues anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like they're just straight up murdering these old licenses. I was trying to install mine this morning, I'm on the latest version of everything, browser, OS, just downloaded and installed the Creative Cloud app after getting this the same way

I [word]-ing hate Adobe

David30736217bkv8_0-1718638995505.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines