Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FW CS4 - BIG problems with text-engine!

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Just bought FW CS4 (Mac) and everything seems fine but... I'm having many odd problems with the new text-engine. It happens when I open CS4-saved documents or just by flipping through the pages in a document. The text moves position - it looks like the text-frame itself is placed away from the original area! This bothers me BIGTIME!! And when it occurs I can't see the real edge around the "moved" text! This takes much of my precious time to fix...

Is this a common problem on the Mac version?

TIA!

/Henriko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henriko,
Can you post any sample png file with the behavior mentioned? I am assuming that the files were created in the Fireworks CS4 build and not the Fireworks CS4 Beta build.

..Sarthak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarthak!

Yes, it's the Fireworks CS4 build 10.0.0.495 I'm working on.
Here's a ZIP including the sample PNG + a screenshot if the problem doesn't occur with you.

http://mt12.quickshareit.com/share/fireworks_textissue3c5ed.zip

I really really hope to find a solution to this because I got used to CS3 alot and would hate to go back to Photoshop again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi henriko,

By any chance does the sample png file posted by you contains any text elements which were either created in some earlier builds of Fireworks CS4? Did you copy-paste any text elements from another file which might have been created using an intermediary build or so?

If this file has been completely created newly in 495 build, then exactly when did you start seeing the text bounding box shifting. If you can let us know the steps after which you are seeing this issue, it would be of great help!

Thanks,
Arun

quote:

Originally posted by: henriko75

Yes, it's the Fireworks CS4 build 10.0.0.495 I'm working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having similar problems. I imported a file with 51 pages, previously built in CS3. Fonts were jumping as detailed in posts. I removed 28 pages thinking that this might solve the problem. To no avail. I am using CS4 build 10.0.0.495 - which I installed on Saturday, Nov. 1.

In most cases, I am trying to edit existing text. when clicking on the text, the bounding box moves to the lower right and down (mostly down). I am unable to edit text at that point. Realignment does no good to correct the problem.

-Trent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mebadger,

I have send you a private message requesting for the png file.
I understand here that your png file was created entirely in CS3 and none of the FWCS4 beta or intermediary builds were used. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct. I used CS3 only, and did not use any intermediate CS4 builds or betas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file opening correctly and the text bounding box showing up properly in FWCS3? If yes, then try re-saving your file once again with a different filename from CS3 and then open it back in FWCS4. Choose "Update" as the option while opening the file and then see if you still notice the issue.

--Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with Fireworks CS4. Happens when I move text using keyboard arrows or shift+arrows. Text box jumps like 10px away from actual text position. I am on WinXP SP3. Using same build as Henriko.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2008 Nov 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble where text boxes jump around as others have described. I've been using Fireworks for years as one of my main tools, and until this is resolved, Fireworks is practically unusable. Having random errors in my work is unacceptable. This problem has cropped up in every file I've worked on, so it's not just an isolated problem, but something I can count on going wrong over time in all of my work.

Here's an example file: www.flexid.com/us_map.png After renaming a layer, the text box for "Philadelphia" jumped. The other text boxes seem to be OK for the moment. The file and all text were created with Fireworks CS4 (vector objects were copied from a CS3 file).

This problem was reported during the beta, so it's surprising that this sounds like it's news to you at Adobe. Constantly repositioning text is not an acceptable workaround. I need to know a timeline for resolution so that I can decide whether to downgrade to a previous version or switch to another tool.

Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.5.5, Fireworks CS4 10.0.0.495

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did this shift in the text box happen when you were trying to move it on the canvas using the keyboard arrow keys?

Please note that we are working on this issue and trying to find out all possible ways in which it is happening. One of the ways is selecting/de-selecting a text element and moving the text simultanoeusly, using the keyboard arrow keys.

Thanks,
Arun

quote:

Originally posted by: adamkorman
Here's an example file: www.flexid.com/us_map.png After renaming a layer, the text box for "Philadelphia" jumped. The other text boxes seem to be OK for the moment. The file and all text were created with Fireworks CS4 (vector objects were copied from a CS3 file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this particular case, no. The shift happened when I duplicated the state. Before duplicating the state, it was positioned correctly, after it wasn't. I can't seem to duplicate this specific behavior right now, but it's what happened in that file I uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: adamkorman
I've been using Fireworks for years as one of my main tools, and until this is resolved, Fireworks is practically unusable. Having random errors in my work is unacceptable.

Ditto what has been said by many people here already. Fireworks CS4 is totally unusable until this issue is resolved. I think Adobe owe it to their customers to inform then as to when they can expect a resolution to this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2008 Nov 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamkorman wrote:
> I'm having the same trouble where text boxes jump around as others have
> described. I've been using Fireworks for years as one of my main tools, and
> until this is resolved, Fireworks is practically unusable. Having random errors
> in my work is unacceptable. This problem has cropped up in every file I've
> worked on, so it's not just an isolated problem, but something I can count on
> going wrong over time in all of my work.
>
> Here's an example file: www.flexid.com/us_map.png After renaming a layer, the
> text box for "Philadelphia" jumped. The other text boxes seem to be OK for the
> moment. The file and all text were created with Fireworks CS4 (vector objects
> were copied from a CS3 file).
>
> This problem was reported during the beta, so it's surprising that this sounds
> like it's news to you at Adobe. Constantly repositioning text is not an
> acceptable workaround. I need to know a timeline for resolution so that I can
> decide whether to downgrade to a previous version or switch to another tool.
>
> Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.5.5, Fireworks CS4 10.0.0.495
>

I can reproduce the issue on my Win XP Laptop, with the Philadelphia
text. It appears that the text box itself is offset from the text.

--
Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
http://www.communityMX.com/
CommunityMX - Free Resources:
http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
---
.:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
Adobe Community Expert
http://tinyurl.com/2a7dyp
---
.:Author:.
Lynda.com - http://movielibrary.lynda.com/authors/author/?aid=188
Peachpit Press -
http://www.peachpit.com/authors/bio.aspx?a=d98ed798-5ef0-45a8-a70d-4b35fa14c9a4
Layers Magazine - http://www.layersmagazine.com/author/jim-babbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here
Is someone addressing that problem? Thats really a show-stopper!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henriko,

When I double clicked inside the text object, which was giving problems, things seem to work fine. Although the text was moved and had to be re-aligned.

..Sarthak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that IS THE PROBLEM. We have to realign the text again and again when the text box jumps like crazy. Doesnt happen all the time, but too often. Fireworks CS3 was much more stable.

I would appreciate, if you gave us a normal response, no "seems to work fine stuff".

Also Adobe support is really slow. I opened a case 2 weeks ago, and still got no response. How is that even possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem appears also in documents created in CS4!!! It is not a problem of importing from CS3. Happens when I move a text box. Mostly using SHIFT+ARROWS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the file with us. It will help us a lot in investigating more.

Thanks,
Arun

quote:

Originally posted by: designme.sk
This problem appears also in documents created in CS4!!! It is not a problem of importing from CS3. Happens when I move a text box. Mostly using SHIFT+ARROWS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im affraid there is no need to send you a file, because it happens in all of my CS4 PNGs (those imported from CS3 and original CS4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not making me want to purchase CS4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

designme.sk wrote:
> Im affraid there is no need to send you a file, because it happens in all of my CS4 PNGs (those imported from CS3 and original CS4)

If the engineers can't reproduce the problem at their end then, yes,
there very much is a need to send them a file to help solve the issue.
I'm not one of the engineers, but I can't repro the issue, and I am
using the retail release, on XP SP3 as well, on a relatively
underpowered laptop.

Does the problem occur immediately? Or after the file has been open for
a while? Do you have one file open or multiple files? Does the problem
occur with specific fonts or any font you use?

It might also be a good idea to supply your hardware specs.

--
Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
http://www.communityMX.com/
CommunityMX - Free Resources:
http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
---
.:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
Adobe Community Expert
http://tinyurl.com/2a7dyp
---
.:Author:.
Lynda.com - http://movielibrary.lynda.com/authors/author/?aid=188
Peachpit Press -
http://www.peachpit.com/authors/bio.aspx?a=d98ed798-5ef0-45a8-a70d-4b35fa14c9a4
Layers Magazine - http://www.layersmagazine.com/author/jim-babbage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2008 Nov 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I uploaded a CS4 PNG i just created with just two text boxes. I have been moving them around for a while (like 20 secs) using Shift+Arrows and there it goes. I hope it saved the way you can see it as well.
I used Myriad Pro with antialias and Arial without antialias. Same problem.

Happens on desktop PC and on laptop too.

My HW specs:
C2D E8200, Gigabyte P35 DS3L, 3GB DDR2 800Mhz, Asus EAH4670 512 MB + Accelero S2, 320GB Seagate + 320GB Samsung F1, XP SP3

Dell Latitude E6400, C2D P8400, 4GB DDR2 800Mhz, Intel X4500MHD, 120GB FFS 7200rpm, 14" 1440x900 LED, Vista Bus. SP1

http://www.designme.sk/junk/fwcs4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryied to record the issue with CamStudio.
www.designme.sk/junk/cs4.avi

Hope it helps..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the file but the recording just shows a blank brown screen and nothing else!

--Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines