• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issue with OSX 10.8... Could Not Save File

Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Mountain Lion, Adobe Fireworks CS6 (12.0.0.236) now returns an error message when exporting via Image Preview.

“Could Not Save File”

“The File Was Not Found”

However, FW CS6 save the file... how do I get the error message to go away?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing this bug for YEARS. The main problem is this: no one at Adobe actually seems to USE their products on an intensive daily basis. There are those of us who use them 8 hours a day and know the flaws inside and out. They won't listen to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit off topic, but it's nice to see that a website with a good bit of clout is finally putting a little effort into keeping FW alive. Now that there is a serious need for "Ultra-Rapid Prototyping Tools," maybe people are starting to finally realize that 80 million filter choices slow you down more than help you get the job done!

https://tutsplus.com/2012/12/photoshop-or-fireworks/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 10.8 and Fireworks CS5.

Come on Adobe, 5 months old this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A coworker of mine ran into this issue yesterday and I was able to resolve it by reinstalling Fireworks over his current install.

For Adobe (in case they are reading this), neither removing all preferences nor repairing OSX permissions fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried reinstalling but I’m still getting the error (even after a reboot).

Let’s just face it, Adobe have abandoned Fireworks to die.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would say then is before I reinstalled I removed all preferences and application support files for Fireworks, Repaired Disk Permissions and then reinstalled Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true that Adobe wants Fireworks to die. About a year ago I took part in an Adobe online survey about Fireworks that, if you read between the lines, seemed to imply this was the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes perfect sense, how much of Fireworks changed in CS6?

I have to admit that when I filed a bug report for this someone from the Fireworks team got back to me almost immediately which was very encouraging, but that was months ago.

Earlier someone mentioned Sketch -- if I didn't have the Master Collection that's definitely what I'd be using now for web projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, a few updates for FW CS6 include the CSS export panel, jQuery mobile themes, and sprites. Though unfortunately the CSS panel has developed issues of its own, details on another thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/4991417#4991417

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Still nothing?

The OP is from July of 2012, we are at the end of January 2013, and this issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know what I pay for. Adobe's prices are excessive and you can't stay with older software versions because they have a lot more errors and bugs and won't work at all. Thus you have to upgrade and pay. But their improvements are getting smaller and thinner and bug fixes are rare. I really really would love to switch to another software but unfortunately there is no alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me when just doing normal file saves. At a certain point, my Fireworks file refuses to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and yes, I've seen this same error as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 ....come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. CS6 and 10.8.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, CS6, 10.8.2. I also get those idiotic errors when trying to use the updater. Reinstalled the suite, cleaned everything, etc. etc. still happens. Not impressed.

Please, Adobe, fix your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had success with first repairing disk permissions then installing CS6 over your current install? My coworker has not seen any more issues since we performed these tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried repairing disk permissions then installing CS6 over your current install yet. Could you give a list of instructions for the steps? For example, do you uninstall first, then repair, then reinstall? And are there any specific settings in disk permissions to be set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked in my case (unless I'm forgetting something) was just these three steps:

1. Quit Fireworks then move all Fireworks preferences to your desktop.
    1. ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Fireworks CS6
    2. ~/Library/Preferences/com.macromedia.fireworks.plist
  2. From Disk Utility, repair disk permissions.
  3. Install CS6 over current CS6 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick instructions, trying this now.

A quick note: I'm on OSX 10.8.2 so the Library folder is hidden in my user folder. To get it to show, hit Shift-Command-G and type ~/Library to display the folder.

Did you move back the preferences when you were done with the disc utility, or deleted them from the new desktop location?

Will reply back soon with my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried it, and still get the same "File could not be found" error after the image preview save.

*Sigh*

The functionality seems to work, but that error box sure is annoying.

I also tried uninstalling FW CS6 and reinstalling it altogether, and that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for months.... checking this thread occasionally to see if there's any news but alas...

Come on adobe! This bug is so annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only reckon that Adobe are in the process of discontinuing Fireworks. It seems that many, many people have been afflicted by this bug (including me) since FW CS6 and it is not yet fixed and there have been NO Fireworks updates that I can recall since Creative Cloud launched, despite the promise of regular CC product updates.

I have been a loyal Adobe customers for many years and I use Fireworks and Dreamweaver daily. These are the best 2 bits of software in CS for me. I could never use Photoshop for what I do and if Adobe do discontinue Fireworks they will lose me as a Creative Cloud customer for sure (and probably many others).

Fireworks is a star product. At the very least, surely Adobe could publicise an official tested workaround for this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you may be right about Adobe discontinuing the product. However, they most likely won't officially discontinue it since then all of us who only use the Adobe Cloud Suite for that single program would completely close our Cloud Accounts and request out of the year lock in since the only app has been officially discontinued by the company.

Instead Adobe may simply leave it the program available but effectively discontinue it but not upgrading to retina, and leaving all known bugs such as this and many others until users just abandon the software on their own free will and thus can not request a refund of any sort and they hope that users would instead switch to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines