Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated gifs in Fireworks do not maintain the state delay

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am working on creating an animated GIF file in Fireworks. However, after saving the file as gif and then viewing directly from the files, the state delay does not work and has (most likely) defaulted back to '7'.

The original file shows the state delay as normal in Fireworks which in this case is '200', so the issue appears only in the .gif.

I have tried redoing the files and saving multiple different versions where something has been done different to others but nothing seems to help. Is there some process that I should do before saving the file as .gif?

TOPICS
Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Fireworks (Windows version) I cannot replicate the issue you're having .... Try changing the state delay to a much higher value to see if it is reflected in the exported GIF ...

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the issue remains regardless of the time added. In Fireworks the state delay works as expected. Only when saving the same file as animated .gif, the issue appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac? As a last resort you could use an online service like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird, I'm on Windows and can't reproduce your problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Paul. I will need test out some more or maybe test creating with Photoshop if that route would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines