• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Adobe Fireworks?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I pay for my creative cloud license is for Adobe Fireworks. Like me, other UX professionals use Fireworks to design Wireframes, Mockups, Prototypes using Fireworks. It seems like, Adobe is totally disconnected with the customer, and they dont really get whats the purpose of Fireworks!!! This is terrible adobe, Fireworks is the best tool for Web and Interface design, and it does it fast and quick!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

As of May 2013, Adobe is no longer actively developing Fireworks. However, you can still install a previous version from within the Creative Cloud desktop app by checking "Show Older Apps" under Preferences > Apps.

For a detailed guide, please see this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/why-has-adobe-stopped-developing-my-app-.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to find FW in Windows is the same 🙂

Why they discontinued one of there greatest products is still a riddle to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. FW CS6 seems to be working ok in High Sierra.

I am also experimenting with Affinity Designer.  it won't open FW.png as editable, just as flattened images. That is too bad. But it is interesting.  Still would rather use FW as my editing flies in there.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here we are on the threshold of High Sierra... 10.13... Does FW CS6 from the CC work in Mac 10.13?  I have used the stand alone CS6 version of FW and DW for years now. Love FW, best app for quick graphics and images!  But I do not trust Adobe to update it for High Sierra, if they consider it no longer supported.  Is anyone using it in High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that it works for me on High Sierra.

in fact I just bought a brand new Mac Book Pro and clean installed everything.

Now Fireworks is not available through Creative Cloud app to install. I did find the Fireworks full installer. I got it installed and it works fine.

i also archived the installer. I believe I had to install as a trial, but it later recognized my number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is great!  Do you know if DW CS6 non CC works in 10.13?

Thanks.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, since I heard of the cancellation of Fireworks, I have had no reason to upgrade.  Most of the work I do has very little use for Photoshop.  I mainly do game, mobile, and web development so I just need quick work done and Photoshop doesn't do that. I've been hoping for a successor. I'll give Xara a shot and see how it is. Has someone here tried Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally support the sentiments on Fireworks stated above.

There's simply no other tool in the CC suite that can do Fireworks do. I'd been holding on to CS6 for the very same reason for past few years.

[disallowed reference removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

totally agree, Its a brilliant piece of software for UX/UI/Screen design. I can't use Photoshop, it just doesn't offer the speed and slows down the workflow and the last think we want to be doing is making round-trips betweens 2 or 3 different tools; Photoshop, Illustrator & XD when Fireworks has it covered for the vast majority of tasks. Still now Fireworks holds up well with is testament to just how good Fireworks  is given Adobe stopped developing it back  in 2013. I see new features article for Sketch and XD sometimes and think .... well Fireworks had that a decade ago!!

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Fireworks when i still had a Windows 98SE PC. I downloaded 4 graphics creation applications and fireworks was the only one i could easily use after a couple of hours. I can work 10X faster in fireworks than photoshop or illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using it! There is off-the-main grid maintenance still of this software. lol
Now, that's saying something!!! The money Adobe could make by just bringing this thing back and still they sit with ego!! [ search].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As hard as this may seem, I still use it today the Fireworks CS3 from 2007, 13 years later. I can do things faster, simple and efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen. Fireworks CS6 is included with my subscription for Adobe Creative Suite. They tucked the installer layers deep for a while then made it only available as a download. I relied on it for years as my goto for anything simple that I just needed to chop up and spit out. Nothing compares still to this day. Apple has dropped 32 bit support from MacOS Catalina so I'm finally facing a change in process.

Sketch looks and works wonky to me.

Affinity I haven't yet tried.

Photoshop is an 800lb gorilla for what I need.

Illustrator doesn't work with objects the same way that Fireworks did. Its closest to my workflow but given I can't select an object, highlight a portion with a simple rectangular selection box (why isn't this in here after all these years? I still need to draw with a pencil or drop anchors? so frustrating...), and cut it out. I don't see it as a valid replacement.

I hope Adobe reconsiders this product and brings it back. Either that, or open source the dang thing under a non-commercial license so developers can make it work on their own time even if no one can sell it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the path to find it on Adobe Creative Suite CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane, i cant imagine it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Adobe suggest we use instead of Fireworks? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still one of those using FW as it's still the fastest to work with - the least Adobe could do is make an extension for PS so that we can open old .Fw files. Once I can't use it, I will move over to Affinity and never buy Adobe products again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some batch commands for converting Fireworks PNG files, copy to your Fireworks commands folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% same. I absoltely adore Fireworks and know how to use it inside and out. I don't do high-level, complex graphic design and Photoshop is just.... so freaking complicated and clunky for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY LICENSED FIREWORKS JUST GOT SOME SORT OF LOBOTOMY AND STARTED IN TRIAL MODE 24 DAYS LEFT!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHhhh.... achem.. sorry a little melodramatic gotta troubleshoot... but I have LOVED Fireworks since Macromedia. and I can date myself by using Adobe Pagemill 3.0.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this fixed?  I had the same thing and now it's run out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES... I got it resolved on my work computer a few days after my original post.  And by pure co-incidence, I just wiped out my personal computer and applied the license, just last night on a my fresh install. 🙂
I think I solved it on my work computer by uninstalling everything, clearing the registry and doing a complete fresh install of all things adobe... 

I do have these notes that I took from back then.. let me know and I'll comb through my other documentation... if I find a less vague solution, I'll post it here...

You may try uninstalling creative cloud app from cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

You're most welcome, I will keep this case open and follow up on you through email, you may also call us at 1-800-443-8158 and refer to this same case number ADB-20842014-G5R1

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-install-instructions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I subscribe to cc - it's so cool but I miss fireworks - Adobe please bring fireworks back with support - just some positive feedback!  CC rocks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say it won't be. Which OS are you running, it is still possible to run Fireworks in most cases with or without a workaround depending on your OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul - thanks for the reply - I am running Windows 10 - just been reading the above posts - I will give running fireworks a go! Happy new year! Cheers Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines