• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Channel disconnected error with remote server

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the Flex Mobile and PHP project that works fine with  a local server (MAMP on Mac). It basically reads retrives data from MySQL and displays them on Google map. Now I am trying to move from a local server to a remote server.

But when I run my app on emulater, I get the error "Channel disconnected - Channel disconnected before an acknowledgment was received."

I googled what this error is and found a web site which describes about this error. According to the web site, the the error is likely caused by a PHP syntax error and one should use Network Monitor to debug this.

However, the problem is that after I enabled Network Monitor and run my app on emulator, nothing is shown on Network Monitor. My first question is whether I should use Network Monitor to debug this channel disconnectef error? The Second question is if not, how can I debug this error? Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was following davidflex's insturction at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/875709 and did not realize that I ahve to set host = "localhost:8889" in my php that connects to my remote mysql server. It's tricky because sicen it's remote server, you should set host = your domain, but that's not right. As davidflex said you need to set host = "local:8889" since your gateway.php is also running on the remote server.

I stumbled for several weeks and hope some

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was following davidflex's insturction at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/875709 and did not realize that I ahve to set host = "localhost:8889" in my php that connects to my remote mysql server. It's tricky because sicen it's remote server, you should set host = your domain, but that's not right. As davidflex said you need to set host = "local:8889" since your gateway.php is also running on the remote server.

I stumbled for several weeks and hope someone else won't get stuck like I did for serveral weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines