Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration Error 5

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've installed Flash Builder 4 downloaded from Adobe.com and activeted with a student license.

The installation went okey, but i cannot launch the application.

Every time I try to run it it throws a configuration error 5:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuraion Error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe techinical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 5

http://www.adobe.com/supor/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've already installed and unninstalled ten times, searched adobe.com support sites, I even call the support center but i can't get it to work.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit

Adobe Flex Builder 3 runs perfectly.

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre Monteiro.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

IT WORKS! 🙂

Here is what I did to fix this:

-----------------------------------

* Uninstalled every Adobe software on my computer in the Control Panel (everything; Adobe Acrobat, AIR, Flash, etc.). Flash Builder could not be uninstalled though (got an error telling me to use the CS5 Cleaner Tool)

* Used the CS5 Clean Tool and selected "Clean All" http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html

* Using cygwin I deleted the following folders:

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\

- C:\Program Files (x86)\C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bjorn,

Our inside man took a look at that db file, and only found one product installed (Flash Builder), so if you thought that Flash Pro CS5 was also installed, there's something wrong there.

Are you sure you re-installed Flash Pro successfully after uninstalling it earlier?

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2010 Oct 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of my start bar when searching for "flash": http://imgur.com/7u6KG.jpg

If I click the "Adobe Flash Professional CS5" icon there,  it will give me the error message in the title of this topic, like this: http://imgur.com/4gypU.jpg

So I'm sure it is installed, yes.. but it doesn't work. Are there anything else I can try here? I know the last resolution is to reinstall Win7, but I'm pretty hesitant to go there as it will cost me a days worth of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2010 Oct 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bjorn,

Reading back to your original message, I see that you already tried uninstalling/reinstalling Flash Pro more than once, sometimes on its own, and sometimes with the CS5 Suite Trial. My hunch is that something about the Suite Trial installation was conflicting with the individual Flash Pro Trial installation (or vice versa).

Since Flash Pro was still not showing up as installed in the Product Configuration Database (pcd) you sent last week, you could give it one more try:

- uninstall Flash Pro CS5, using the Uninstall control panel

- reboot, and make sure Flash Pro CS5 is no longer present in your Program Files folder

- run the CS5 Clean tool, and if Flash Pro CS5 is still showing, use the tool to remove it

- install the Flash Pro CS5 trial on its own (not from one of the CS5 Suite trials).

If you still get an error trying to launch Flash Pro after re-installing as described above, please send me your install log. You should find the install log under \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\, if needed.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, uninstalled, rebooted, cs5 clean, rebooted, installed Flash CS5 only, same problem.

Here are all logs in the \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\ folder in addition to the "Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool.log" file:

http://dev2.bybjorn.com/adobe_logs.zip

Thank you for your continued support on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking that maybe my Flash Builder 4 installation was causing the problems I tried to uninstall it - just to get this error: http://imgur.com/xCNRL.png

Tried to reboot, uninstall again, but still got the error. It says to use the CS5 Clean Tool - but that can't be used to remove Flash Builder, AFAIK ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bjorn,

Yes, you can use the CS5 Clean tool for removing FB4.

Reading back through this thread, another thing I noticed from your original post is that you're using an educational license. Normally that's fine, but I've seen a few cases where invalid SNs were distributed for Edu, so another thing we could check is whether your FB4 SN is valid. If you send it to me via a private forum message, I can make sure they gave you a good one.

I looked through the latest install logs you posted, and Flash Pro CS5 is reporting a fully successful installation, with nary a warning or error. Perhaps post your latest amt3.log as well, so I can see if it's still failing in the same place, or if it's shifted at all as a result of your changes.

I'm about stumped now, but will run it by the Flash Pro team to see if they've encountered anything like this before.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the latest amt3.log: http://dev2.bybjorn.com/amt3.zip

I'm not using an edu license .. the FB4 license is a commercial one, and I'm trying to install a trial of Flash Pro (ie no SN). I'll send you the FB4 SN in a message .. FB4 is working fine though ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, right. I was confusing Alexandre's original posting with yours - sorry. Since FB4 is still working fine, I won't worry about that.

Looking at the new amt3.log you posted, it's showing the same error with the pcd that you started with. I thought of something we haven't tried though - sometimes Win Virtualization will kick in and interfere, even though we disable it. When that happens, you can wind up with a mismatched shadow copy of the pcd in your virtual store.

Here's how to check that:

See if there's a folder like this in your virtual store:

C:\Users\yourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD

If so, delete that folder, and then try launching Flash Pro CS5 again.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My C:\Users\bjorn\AppData\Local\VirtualStore folder is empty ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask a colleague on the Flash Pro team to take a look at your logs, to see if any of this looks familiar.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yeah sorry I guess I posted this in the wrong forums. This was just the first thread that showed up when googling the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries - when we find the solution, it will probably be useful for both products.

I just heard back from the licensing team, after further experiments with the pcd.db file you posted last week, and here's what they recommend:

---

"My observation is that the pcd.db shared by the user is corrupt and in a bad state.

I replaced this PCD on my machine and ran the CS5 Flash Pro installer and it failed to
make any entries into it. I then ran a simple SQL insert query in the domain_data table
and that failed too.

Given this and the fact that the user appears to have only Flash Builder on his machine
We can ask the user to do the following
  1. uninstall FB (de-select the deactivate option as FB is already activated)
  2. delete the pcd.db (Not the cache )
  3. Re-Install FB and Flash Pro CS5"
---
From your most recent posts, I think you've already uninstalled everything except Flash Pro, so for step 1 you'll probably want to uninstall that instead, along with any other Adobe apps you may have on that machine now.
Let us know how it goes,
-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I uninstalled all Adobe software on my computer except FB4 .. I'm not able to uninstall FB .. it still gives me the error I posted in an earlier message http://imgur.com/xCNRL.png

I tried to run the CS5 Clean tool, but I don't see any choice to uninstall FB in it, so the closest I get is CS5 -> Clean All. Done that but it makes no difference .. FB is still installed, and clicking uninstall won't work.

I guess I could go through all the Adobe folders and delete them manually but it seems kinda hacky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hunch is that the corrupt PCD is what was preventing successful uninstallation too, so it's a bit of a Catch-22.

Since you've already run "Clean All" from the CS5 tool, that should be good enough. You can manually delete the FB4 folder after that, so you'll be ready for a fresh start after removing the PCD.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS! 🙂

Here is what I did to fix this:

-----------------------------------

* Uninstalled every Adobe software on my computer in the Control Panel (everything; Adobe Acrobat, AIR, Flash, etc.). Flash Builder could not be uninstalled though (got an error telling me to use the CS5 Cleaner Tool)

* Used the CS5 Clean Tool and selected "Clean All" http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html

* Using cygwin I deleted the following folders:

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

- C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Local\Adobe

* Rebooted

* Installed CS5 Master Collection Trial. Was able to input my existing FB SN there, so I'm running FB commercial and Flash Pro trial which was what I wanted.

Thanks a lot to Chris & his colleagues for walking me through this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using Flexbuilder 4 for several months now (on Windows Vista) and I regularly get this error and end up uninstalling, running the cleaup utility and reinstalling. But this is becoming intolerable as I am wasting hours of development time. Surely there must be a permanent professional solution, a patch, fix, new version? Please could someone advise me for a permanent solution, other than changing our development tool.

Many thanks,

Calvin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Calvin,

Can you please check for log files  named "oobelib.log" or "amt3.log" in your temp folder,  and attach them  to this thread. If you have any trouble attaching them, please mail them to me. My email id is sudhirm AT adobe DOT com

Thanks,

Sudhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Same problem pestered me for so long first of all you should remove your flash based adobe products and clean your registry using any free registry cleaners like cc cleaner or registry mechanic or tuneup utilities, such that all the traces are removed from the system.

After that reboot your system and then open the folder where flash builder is located and right click it and select run as administrator and install it. This Process should work fine and it went perfect for me.

yours sincerely

m.reddappa reddy4u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines