Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Web applications cannot directly display PDF images

(unlike PNG, JPEG, GIF images).

Our network architecture is:

user <---- IIS web runs FB web app <---- WSDL <---- backend PDF file server

The IIS FB web app receives a Base64 PDF and decodes to a ByteArray[]

A) Can anyone map PDF BYteArry to JPEG or PNG?

B) Can we write a temporary file.PDF in the II web server?

Then we could display the file.PDF using a web iFrame.

C) Does someone have a neat idea to display a PDF in our web apps without prompting the user?

thanks,

Medical Flash developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Flex question. Please try posting to the Flex forums here http://forums.adobe.com/community/flex/flex_general_discussion for

better response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2011 Feb 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look here. http://forums.asp.net/t/1133155.aspx

I have created ASP.net image to pdf and pdf to image processing in the past. It's been a while and I can't locate my code or remember what tools I used.  I do recall using an opensource .net library to the conversions.

In the architecture that you show, I would create a class in the service / WSDL to process the conversions to jpg, png, gif or any other standard web browser friendly format.  With that being done you could simply output the newly created image src (source) to a Flashbuilder image control and it would render fine.

As far as rendering PDF files without prompts, the only way I was able to perform that was using the ASP.NET Reporting control. I'm not sure if it ships with visual studio 2010 or 2008, I used vs2005 at the time and the control was a standard feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines