• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error trying to forget "Remember My Decision" for Debug Perspective.

Explorer ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By accident I clicked on "No" for the Remember My Decision to open the Debug Perspective.  I tried to change the settings by going into Preferences -> Run/Debug -> Perspectives, but I get an error window titled "Could Not Accept Changes" saying "The currently displayed page contains invalid values."

Anyone know what I should do? I'm using Flash Builder 4, (4.0.0.272416) on an Intel Mac 10.5.8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Go to Preferences -> Run/Debug -> Perspectives, select "Always" for "Open the associated perspective when an application suspends".

I just tried choosing no and then changing it here. It worked for me.

If it doesn't work for you, maybe you can try hitting on "Restore Defaults" in the Run/debug -> Perspectives page.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried again, and here's what happened.

I still get the error saying "The  currently displayed page contains invalid values." and the view does not change. I have to click on another category in the Run/Debug section, then I can click on Perspectives to see it's options. When the view changes, both sets of radio buttons for "Open the associated perspective when  launching" and "Open the associated perspective when an application  suspends" have nothing selected. So I changes the two options hit Okay and it seems to work. But if I go back to Run/Debug -> Perspectives I have to again click on another option in Run/Debug before I can view the options for Perspective, and again both sets of radio buttons have nothing selected.

Is there something in one of the Workspace/.settings files that scrogged or should I file a bug again Flash Builder for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That preference page is from Eclipse. I suspect your settings file is messed up.

I have tried the same flow in a clean workspace and have not experienced problems.

But if you can reproduce this (hitting no on suspend and then trying to change the preference) with a clean workspace, file a Flash Builder bug and we'll follow it up with Eclipse.

Thanks,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried creating a new Workspace and went right to the Run/Debug -> Perspectives and got the same error. I'll file a bug for it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines